Switched from WW to here

Options
amsipub
amsipub Posts: 84 Member
Hi everyone,

I was very successful to getting within 10 or so pounds from my goal weight last year with WW (mostly meetings, but I tried their online, too for brief periods). I went down from a size 16 to a size 6 where I've been at the same size since late Sept/early Oct. For whatever reason, getting to my goal weight just hasn't happened. I know that I'm not the best at tracking my food or even exercise. So, I got myself in July the Fitbit Flex and it works with MFP.

I'm now exclusively using Fitbit and MFP and really hoping that I can get to my goal weight of 140 (of course, once I get there, it's a possibility that I may want to get to 135, but that's the least amount I would ever want to be). I'm 5'4" so to get to 145 is a mini-goal as that will finally officially bring me to the BMI of healthy weight.

I managed to gain a good amount of weight while I was on vacation (proof that when I don't track at all and just let myself do whatever I want doesn't work for me). But now I'm if not at the weight I started here, at least, pretty close. This is my lifestyle - tracking and making moves not excuses (I have a t-shirt that says "Make moves not excuses" and its become my mantra).

I look forward to discussions here.

Replies

• jewh420
    jewh420 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm an old WW member too. I found when I stopped going to the meetings, the weight increased and then some. I'm exclusively MFP now and have just started this past week. good luck to you and I hope it comes off easily.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use to be a WW member as well. I am so loving MFP.

I would never go back to WW
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to be a WW member too and lost 120lbs but I have 80 to go, I didn't like the new plan that allows free fruits and veggies everything has calories. I love this program but I am limiting my carbs starting today to under 50 if I can, and I always go over my protein but I def lose more with less carbs. Good luck
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ex-WW member here, too. I lost 55 lbs with them. I want to lose about 20 more. You can friend me if you like.
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a while as well and found this works for me.
    Tracking is key to anything in life. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a life time member of weight watchers also. I love a total of 50 pounds then hit a plateau that I could not get past. I stopped going to the meeting and tried it on my own.. I found that I need to be held accountable for my eating and logging.
    I am across MFP and love it. I have lost about another 10 pounds with this site in the last year. And hit another plateau. I have come to terms that this is the weight my body wants to hold onto for awhile or forever and I will just start toning and going by inches lost rather then weight loss.

Feel free to add me

Here's to amazing life style journey!!!!

Terry
  • amsipub
    Options
    I'm an old WW member too. I found when I stopped going to the meetings, the weight increased and then some. I'm exclusively MFP now and have just started this past week. good luck to you and I hope it comes off easily.

Thank you. I hope you achieve your goals, too :)
  • amsipub
    Options
    I used to be a WW member too and lost 120lbs but I have 80 to go, I didn't like the new plan that allows free fruits and veggies everything has calories. I love this program but I am limiting my carbs starting today to under 50 if I can, and I always go over my protein but I def lose more with less carbs. Good luck

What annoyed me about WW is that they changed it again this year and the message is an odd one to me. One that excuses that you get off track and it makes you track even more things. The free fruits and veggies actually got me to stop eating so much white carbs and more veggies and fruits than I used to. Also, their WW online forum isn't very friendly which is really sad (at least what I saw of course)
  • aquiva33
    aquiva33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use to be a WW member as well. I am so loving MFP.

I would never go back to WW

Me too
  • Kimberlymae41
    Options
    I used to do WW as well, i am new here and not seeing the scale move no matter what i do, i lost 65 lbs and now i am stuck, this is free so i decided to come here and i love it, so simple and easy. i didnt go to meetings i did it all on line and didnt have the support as we do here, Good luck!
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    Former WW member too. I still frequent the boards there but come here for tracking.

I do know that when I track I'm much more successful than when I don't.

Good luck...I've gained back 18lbs due to not tracking, going on a cruise, holidays and just being lazy...I have to get it off!

Feel free to friend me if you'd like to.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for starting this thread! You're obviously not alone as an ex WW'erI! I plateau'ed after losing 45 lbs with them and have been hanging onto my last 10 for about a year and thus, also just joined MFP to try to recharge my metabolism and change things up. I also just started insanity (in my 3rd week). It's not about the lbs, but the inches, but I've also stayed static there with WW. I'm grateful to everything the program taught me, but also looking forward to this new journey. Good luck to you and feel free to add me for additional support and motivation!
  • amsipub
    Options
    Wow, thanks for starting this thread! You're obviously not alone as an ex WW'erI! I plateau'ed after losing 45 lbs with them and have been hanging onto my last 10 for about a year and thus, also just joined MFP to try to recharge my metabolism and change things up. I also just started insanity (in my 3rd week). It's not about the lbs, but the inches, but I've also stayed static there with WW. I'm grateful to everything the program taught me, but also looking forward to this new journey. Good luck to you and feel free to add me for additional support and motivation!

Thank you for that. It's good to know someone who has gotten to the same spot as me. I really like the support here. :)
  • amsipub
    Options
    Former WW member too. I still frequent the boards there but come here for tracking.

I do know that when I track I'm much more successful than when I don't.

Good luck...I've gained back 18lbs due to not tracking, going on a cruise, holidays and just being lazy...I have to get it off!

Feel free to friend me if you'd like to.

I know how you feel. I started on MFP and then went on vacation and put on more pounds than I like to admit. This along with my activity monitor have been getting me closer to the lowest weigh in I've had here. 1.8 lbs. more to go to get back there :)
  • amsipub
    Options
    I used to do WW as well, i am new here and not seeing the scale move no matter what i do, i lost 65 lbs and now i am stuck, this is free so i decided to come here and i love it, so simple and easy. i didnt go to meetings i did it all on line and didnt have the support as we do here, Good luck!

I love analyzing and looking at data and this place has a lot of that. :) I know how frustrating not seeing the scale move. On a positive note (that's how I am) that means also that you aren't gaining. So, not all bad, right?