Women 5'4"/5'5" looking for your success stories

Options
lisa725
lisa725 Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I am 5'4" and weigh 144lbs. I am looking to lose another 14 lbs but hit a serious dead end. I am looking for how women around my height and build as well as in their 20's-40's, lost and kept off the weight.

Replies

• LSJC18
    LSJC18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'5" and I've only lost about 12lbs so far, but I've got some ways to go.
    Anyway, I don't have a success story yet but here's a link to one you might or might not have come across, just in case:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/663436-5-3-5-5-females-can-you-show-me-your-transformation
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'4'', 21 years old, and weigh 124 lbs! I started MFP at 142 lbs(pretty close to you)!
    I've posted a topic about my success awhile back along with another topic with pictures. Feel free to check it out and friend me, and message me if you'd like!
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My name is Richa (Ree-sha) and I'm 23. I am 5'4" and 144 lb. I am looking to lose atleast 20 lb more, and need a buddy for some motivation!
  • starartist
    starartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this topic! I am 5'5" and I am also stuck at 144 lbs. It is so frustrating! I am excited to see everyone's results! :)
  • Sevasti_Titi
    Sevasti_Titi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'4'' and 41 years old and doing great so far...

Here are my before and after pics so far:

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/sevastiti/story/91805?src=pb

My food & exercise diary are open to my friends, so if any of you want, feel free to add me as a friend.

Have a great day !
    Sevasti :)
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, 5'4"...I have 10-15 pounds more to go. I am doing Jillian Michael s Body Revolution. Lost 11 pounds in the first phase. I stick to 1200 calories NET a day. I do eat back exercise calories because I'm already a little below my BMR. My diary is open to firends if you want to add me! I'm not the healthiest eater but I keep my portions under control and stick to my calories
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 117. I started at around 183. Hoping to get down to 110. My biggest hump was at 142 and 136. Hang in there!
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'5 and 143 pounds.
    I started my weight loss journey at 183 pounds a year and a half ago, which brings me to 40 pounds lost. Dedication and eating right will help you shed those pounds. Good luck ladies!
  • DeannaNL
    DeannaNL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not a success story yet, but I'm on my way...

I'm 5'5 and I started out at 198.6 pounds on May 21st of this year....so far I've lost 22 pounds just following the MFP guidelines and some exercise every now and then. I still have a long way to go but have no doubt that I'll reach my goal!

I enjoy reading everyones success stories! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am 5'4 and been on MFP for almost 3yrs...I have roller coaster up and down throughout this journey. I have been as high as 212 and as low as 143....currently fighting to get back but still feel healthier than I have ever been.... I am in the 170's to my surprise on yesterday but I no longer let the scale define me I go by my clothing and the look....

Hope you have a fabulous journey!
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and still need to lose 20 pounds. I decided to give up cardio and focus on lifting heavy (though I'm a bit of a noob) I want to see if my body will react the same way and start losing inches (thats basically what I've been wanting) and start to shed fat away better than what cardio has provided over the past several months. I'm doing the stronglifts 5x5 program

I doubt I can build muscle with such a high deficit, so I have to eat more and see where it will take me-- You can add me! We can motivate each other!
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1039547-20-pounds-down-before-and-after-pictures

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045307-how-i-did-it

^^^above are links to my before and after weight loss of appx 20 pounds. i am 5'4'' and started st 142 and am now 123!!

the second link is all my tips on how i did it.

hope this helps!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 277 lbs. Now i'm 155. It's really really slow moving now. Goal is 140-145.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and currently 147.4 lbs. I did get down to 128 lbs last summer but then gained back to 153.2 lbs... trying to lose it again, and then a bit more. I'd love to hit 115 lbs but would settle for 120 lbs.
  • warmvanillasugar1
    warmvanillasugar1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, I started off at 143 lbs and I'm at about 138 lbs right now. Last summer I reached my goal of 130 lbs, but my ultimate goal is 125 lbs.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6 - feel free to view my profile if you like. A little over 13 years ago, I was over 215lbs - never knew exactly how much over as I stopped believing the scale. But shortly after I started to work on being healthy. My weight before I got pregnant earlier this year was between 145 & 150 lbs & just under 18% BF, which with the amount of muscle I have is good. I am currently 6 months pregnant & my only "gains" have been in my belly: I have people telling me I look great - healthy & vibrant & I'm still working out every day, taking care to look my best no matter what every time I leave the house for work or running errands. This is success: to be able to continue to enjoy life no matter what changes happen around or to me.
    Don't get too caught up in the scale - my biggest lesson in the last few years has been to ignore the scale & build muscle. In the last 2 years, I've built up more muscle & while I weigh the same I look better, slimmer, healthier. This is my fit, my Lifestyle.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    No sucess story yet but I'm 5'4", 55, and started at 228.8. As you can see I'm down 51 pounds. I think my journey is visable if you go to my profile. I was 254 at one point and bounced around 200-220 for around 16 years.
  • hpymrzsimmons
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 28, I've lost about 24 pounds, I have about 7 pounds to go for my goal (155), but I have been at a plateau for weeks now. I have been really frustrated trying to get rid of these last few!! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I need a lot more support than I currently have. :smile:
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and just under 5'5" :smile: I started out at around 150lbs (got to be honest, I don't know my exact starting weight -- I wasn't a fan of scales at that time, but I knew I wanted to be healthier). It took me about five months to come down to 120lbs, which is where I've been working on maintaining for the last month. I plateaued a bit around the 135lb mark, but adding more strength training to my fitness routine helped to start things moving again. All the best to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!