zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Friend request sent.

Thanks for your service!
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to join the weightloss world LOL

I will be starting insanity in Sept. Currently, I am training for 2 5k runs for August. I have lost a ton of weight, with lots more to lose. I have been doing light lifting, and LOTS of cardio, which include the elliptical, rowing machine, treadmill (walking/jogging.running). Do you take a rest day at all? Thats alot of working out. You definitely have to let your body rest and recharge so to speak.

You will meet alot of people here who all have different opinions. Do whatever you feel is best for your body. You know it better than anyone else :)

Best of luck to you and feel free to add me!

Rachael
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and thanks for your service!
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I have been on this site on and off for a while but stuck with it the past three months and managed to lose 2 stone so I know you can do it!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    OORAH, Semper FI!!!

Marine here too however I got out back in '08. I know how strict the Marine Corps is with their weight standards and fitness and what not. I got to 250lbs from just being lazy when I got out, over the 6 years I was out. Then something clicked that I had to lose weight, more of a personal thing than anything. All I did was change what I ate and started P90X. I want to do Insanity but its to high impact for me, got a bad back, not Marine Corps related, so I still to the low impact on P90X. But you seem to be on the right path, you will drop and get back down to were ya need to be in no time.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. And thank you for your service. You are my hero.
  • Lifegetsfatat50
    Options
    Hello welcome!
    My friend (we are in England) has a U.S. marine friend with a similar story. He has rebuilt and re-programmed himself. I can only imagine the horrors you saw. Hopefully this path will be easier for you so good luck Chickie
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all that you do! My dad was a Marine, my grandfather was too. Much respect!!!

I imagine in your 14 years as a Marine, you've seen and been thru some pretty bad *kitten*...so honestly, while this is hard, this is NOTHING compared to what you have done. I have been thru some crap in my own life, and that's what I remind myself sometimes, I've been thru situations that should have killed me, and didn't. I got this! So do you!
  • wrgawife
    wrgawife Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WE wish you the best in your weight loss journey SOLDIER!!! My dad served 30 yrs in the Marines!!
  • althom67
    althom67 Posts: 14
    Options
    Ex-Army here. I spent a lot of time in South America in the 80's. Trying to get back to my Army weight at 46. I wish I had the motivation I did at 19 but I'm getting there. Way to go on setting your goals and I'm glad to hear your health is coming back. Stay strong brother.
  • eyemama5
    eyemama5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thank you for your service. My son served in the Marines for 6 years. He was in Iraq and Kuwait. He was also MSG for 3 years. He was not wounded like you, but suffered stress fractures in his lower leg and ankle and injured his shoulder. He was vary fit and that all ended when he got home. NO running or any lifting with his arm. I sure wish you the best. You sound very motivated- Good for you!
    I'm just a flabby old Mom who decided to do something about it. Down 29 lbs as of this morning.
    Hope all goes well for you, Sempre Fi !
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for all the encouraging words, and Semper Fidelis to those Marines, and the parents/grandparents that are Marines. Its a great deal for the most part. I do remind myself of all the hardships I been through, and how could it possibly compare to losing weight? I just think weight is a whole new animal to tackle. I will face it head on though!! It iwll not win!
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service. Weight loss isn't easy but if you are determined, you can do it! I am very determined and push myself everyday. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    First Thank you and your fellow Marines for your service to our country! Second i try to be a positive, encouraging dude so feel free to add me, maybe we can help each other reach our goals!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service to our great country. It sounds like you have the determination to succeed at this so I have no doubt you will.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service. :flowerforyou:

My brother is a former Marine; he was the motor pool guy assigned to 1st force recon (well, one of the motorpool guys), and did 2 tours "in the sand box" in 2002 and 2003. So I have a special place in my heart for all Veterans, especially Marines. :wink:

And welcome to MFP. I love this site and I know it works for those who use it consistently. Good luck on reaching your goals and maintaining your mental and physical health!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my son just left for Marine boot Sunday....so cudos to you for your 14 years of service!

#1 is going to be getting your eating under control.........abs are made in the kitchen so they say......then get your training under your belt and you will be well on your way to where you want to be......good luck! its a marathon not a sprint..........I have been working at it for 2 years and am still not where I want to be but as long as I don't give up I haven't failed! :)
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service, Marine! Hubby is retiring from the Navy after 20 years, in October, having completed 8 deployments. Can't wait to have my trophy hubby home for good!

I agree with others....you've gone through hell and back. Losing weight will be easy, comparatively! Good luck!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, thank you for your service, and very sorry for what you went thru. I wish you the best, and I know that you can and will do it.

Stay focus and on track; success will be yours and sooner than you think.:

flowerforyou: