The 'sweetest' things the partner says about the weightloss.

Options
Wilhellmina
Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
I have been way much heavier before I ended up at MPF, when I started I was 102 kg (appr. 225 lbs), so I lost quite an amount already. My husband as charming as he is has this neat little compliments to show me he likes my weightloss successes:

"I can see you lost quite some weight, the lump next to me in bed is smaller! At least the measuring tape fits now, I remember in the beginning it was breathe in, belly in and then pulling it as tight as possible, yelling "Come quick, look! What does it say?" There is a stretch mark on the tape right there now!"

About me looking forward to buy new sexy clothes:

"New clothes? You mean you NEED new clothes? Maybe you should stop dieting :grumble: "

About me getting a smaller waist:

"Ow so you mean I got less wife now?"

Agh men...sigh :ohwell: But I know he likes me to loose weight and is pleased with the results, even tho he wouldn't tell it straight to me :smile:

Are there more of you having these 'wonderful' compliments from the spouses?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am really fortunate that my husband supports me no matter my size. I am the one who constantly beats myself up.

However, my mom is 84 years old and has totally lost her social filter, so she says things like, "honey, I can tell you've lost weight, your *kitten* isn't nearly as wide as it used to be", or "Your saddlebags are getting smaller". LOL
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I haven't had those types of comments from my hubby. I've had good ones. He tells me my butt is looking awesome and squeezes my waist and goes "skinny!" I guess the only slightly negative thing he's said is when I told him there's a possibility (although not a big one) that my boobs might get smaller. He pouted and said "but but but no!" So far I've gone down a pant size and lost almost 10 lbs and the boobs have stayed the same. When I told he went "oh thank god". But that's not really negative in my book.
  • Wilhellmina
    Options
    I think he means well, it's just the way he says it sounds so off so now and then :happy:

Must be mothers Hbrittingham, my mom is just like that :laugh:
  • "Oh honey your belly is shrinking so much! Can you see your d*ck yet?"
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    "Stop staring at yourself in the mirror"
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My husband said this morning:

"Just when I think you can't possibly get any hotter, you go and blow my mind even more. How the HELL am I supposed to go to work??"

I've been floating ever since!!
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine mostly just says

"Dont lose your *kitten*, I like it too much"
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    "I know you say you haven't lost any pounds, but there used to be a roll here" *squeezes waist* "and it's totally gone now, so don't worry about the scale!"
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Mine says... "Wow your *kitten* looks great from those squats.." And other more x rated comments :wink:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

"Just when I think you can't possibly get any hotter, you go and blow my mind even more. How the HELL am I supposed to go to work??"

He's a keeper! And that's an awesome way to start your day!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Mine says "Don't lose too much from your butt! It won't be nearly as much fun watching you walk!"

And after our recent 5K race (his first) he said "My only regret is that I didn't run BEHIND you!" LOL

Needless to say, my behind is his favorite part of mine! LOL
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have been called selfish, obsessed only caring about myself... but she likes touching my chest.
    thats not my wife in the pic its my daughter.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

That's so sweet!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My hubby compliments everyday with sayings like; "Good morning beautiful!" "Hey Sexxxy!" "You look awesome" He makes me feel good about who I am as a person. He married me at my highest (350 lbs), he has seen pictures of me at my lowest (110 lbs) in school and he has always told me that I am beautiful, inside and out. :heart: I love that man :heart:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    she says absolutely nothing about it.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I ended things wtih my ex... so I will use friends...

"Wow, that's a hot *kitten*"... "I can see your abs! I can see them, look!" "you look amazing" "I'd tap that (best friend who would NEVER touch me but likes to joke around)" "Number #2 (best friend again), you're so beautiful! Look at you, you look amazing!" "I'm so proud of you!"

Then there is another friend that calls me a stick and tells me I need to eat! LOL.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me last night that he is the envy of men everywhere because of me, and I thought it was really sweet. He's not one to usually make comments like that so it really made my day.
  • Wilhellmina
    Options
    Mine says "Don't lose too much from your butt! It won't be nearly as much fun watching you walk!"

And after our recent 5K race (his first) he said "My only regret is that I didn't run BEHIND you!" LOL

Needless to say, my behind is his favorite part of mine! LOL

Hahaha how recognisable, mine always wonders why I bend so much. Not that I do, not more then normal of course :tongue:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I was putting dishes in the dishwasher one evening and he walked up behind me and smacked my behind while I was bent over. When I jumped up, he was looking at me in amazement and said, "You didn't even jiggle then. I think I hurt my hand."

Haha.
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine says, "you better not lose your boobs :huh: " and "When you get skinny are you gonna wear mini skirts? Slutty girls wear mini skirts, I like sluts."

Such great motivation from him LOL