Cosplaying

Options
Does anyone on here cosplay? :) I am going to Otakon soon, so I was also wanting to know if anyone was going ^.^ <3

If so what do you cosplay as/going as?
I going to be cosplaying L from Death Note (I'm probably going to be him the whole time) and I will be with the people dressed as tea bags :P feel free to say hi or something if you see me.

Also it would be awesome if you post a picture of your cosplay :D<3
The picture bellow is of my sister and me :)

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff383/IzzaInk/207379_3862842348302_1130950483_n.jpg

Replies

• SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Just last weekend I finished my dress for my Lumpy Space Princess cosplay. Now I'm waiting on my wig to arrive, then I need to find some gloves and tights and I'm ready!

I only go to Tsubasacon here in WV because I hate traveling.

Here are all my previous cosplays:
    http://sailorknightwing.deviantart.com/gallery/468851
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i dont but im always amazed and how great some of those costumes look. one of these days i'm going to make it to Comic Con.
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    Just last weekend I finished my dress for my Lumpy Space Princess cosplay. Now I'm waiting on my wig to arrive, then I need to find some gloves and tights and I'm ready!

I only go to Tsubasacon here in WV because I hate traveling.

That's awesome :)<3
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Otakon, but I've been cosplaying at Dragon*Con for a decade now!
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    i dont but im always amazed and how great some of those costumes look. one of these days i'm going to make it to Comic Con.

:) I am amazed by a lot of them also <3 I hope you do get to go, that sounds awesome
  • FutureHarley
    Options
    I've never been to Otakon, but I've been cosplaying at Dragon*Con for a decade now!

Where is that at? :)
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I always dress up as sailor moon.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Where is that at? :)

Atlanta, GA over labor day weekend.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options

I second that.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I do not cosplay (only because I'm not really a part of any fandom that has cosplaying) but I have made a costume for my coplaying friend! She cosplayed the...blonde girl from Game of Thrones? I don't watch Game of Thrones, so I'm not familiar. She just sent me pictures of the costume she wanted and I made it. It was fun, though! I'm not going to post her full cosplay with the wig and props and everything because I don't know if she would want me to, haha, but I do have a picture I took of me wearing it because I needed it for my portfolio. So it's just the costume and nothing else, but whatever.

20pea1v.png

I was quite proud of it! Also, I never got to do an actual fitting with my friend because she lives on the opposite side of the country, but luckily, it all fit! And she said that she got tons of compliments at the convention she went to, so yay!

I wish I was more into cosplaying because I love making costumes, but I'm not... But I'm always willing to help friends out if they need costumes, which I guess is as close as I will get :)
  • TheCakeIsALie86
    TheCakeIsALie86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think London Comic Con in October me and my friends are gonna cosplay for the first time :) But we're going as our DnD characters, so no one will know who we are! I thin we may be missing the point. OH well, it'll be fun!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm going as Power Woman (after the surgery).

7283647860_a717cff3fb_z.jpg
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to make it to Dragon*Con this year, and it makes me sad. I usually cosplay as Jayne Cobb at least one day and want to put together a Commander Riker costume for Halloween this year. I love costuming.
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    I've done a few cosplaying groups (FFX, Skies of Arcadia) and one FFX-2 on my own. I think these were done at Sugoi-con and I can't remember the one where I did the FFX-2 costume. I've done random ones for Halloween.

I've been to Comic-Con but haven't cosplayed at it...yet.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/slyabney/slideshow/Costume

Edit: Am debating on going to Comickaze and if I want to do a costume for it.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes! Well I'm getting into it. I'm waiting on a friend to finish my super suit. I started it but needed her to help me with the finishing touches. So hopefully in the future will be able to go to such things. :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I will be cosplaying in October at Youmacon!
    Met Brad Swaile - voice of Setsuna from 00 Gundam - and he teased us for showing up to a convention without a costume.

So my boyfriend and I are going as Allelujah and Soma when we meet Brad again.

203730m.jpg
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't think I had any idea what Otakon (or cosplay for that matter) was until I played Metal Gear Solid, where a character was named after Otakon.
    Surely some people dress up as their favorite Metal Gear Solid character, hmm?
  • Deja_Thoris
    Deja_Thoris Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I Cosplay with a group of friends for various events, and we compete once a year at Norwescon in Seattle. Having more options for which characters I would be confident in dressing up as is one of my motivators on this journey. Here are the three characters I did for this year's Calgary Expo (hope this works, first attempt to embed photos).

8693854231_a20c799594.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ummm....maybe
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I want to so bad. Someday I would like to step out of my box and do this!!! And I know my son would love to do it with me!