I want to loose 100 lbs!!

Options
I am 35 and have been slowly putting on weight my whole life. I was 220 when I got married at 24 and stayed around there for a few years. Then after two kids I was hovering around the 260 mark. After working with my doctor I found that I had PCOS and an underactive thyroid, and started taking medication. I kind of expected the weight to fall off with a little diet and exercise, but that didn't happen. I lost around 20 pounds and then was stuck. I got discouraged and quit the medicationl. Then I started working on my Master's degree, stopped working out, and started eating alot more take out. I was busy and was worried about things other than my health. We went on vacation last month and after walking around 5 theme parks in 5 days in Orlando I was wiped out! We were in the pool every day and I was busting out of my bathing suit. I NEED to loose weight! I got a new doctor and was suprised to see I was over 300 pounds (havn't weighed myself at home since I topped out the scale we have). So i'm back on the medication, have been watching what I eat, cooking more at home, and doing cardio. A friend suggested that I join My Fitness Pal. I like it so far and am looking for some friends for motivation. I've lost 12 pounds in the last few weeks on my own, but I bet I can do better with a cheering section.

Replies

• trishayla
    trishayla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your story reminds me very much of myself - without the thyroid condition. I have put on about 6 pounds a year every year since I was 18. Aout 2 years ago I was walking and doing swim aerobics and lost about 35 pounds, but then I won a scholarship and went baack to school and gained 20 of those pounds back. I stared walking at work, just a short 20 min walk. That still leaves me plenty of time to eat lunch. Let's see if there is any pay off. Good luck on your journey! I sent you a friend request, maybe we can cheer for each other. :)
  • Thea53186
    Thea53186 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Go you! You can do it :)
  • Lifegetsfatat50
    Options
    Go you - i am sure you will do it. welcome from the England side
  • sparkles9779
    sparkles9779 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    your story reminds me somewhat of myself, although I have struggled since 10 with the pcos, and have gained and lost.. Please feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • sdtjwp
    sdtjwp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am also familiar with what you are going through. I just found a picture of myself back in 1998 when I entered high school and I would love to go back to that weight. I am 30 years old, mother of 1, and can't seem to get that weight off. I am about 240 give or take, but I wear a size 20 because I am extremely bottom heavy. I have recently started walking at lunch time as well. About 45 minutes or so 3-4 times a week. I have been under my calorie intake daily but I can't seem to lose any weight. my mom suggested maybe I was having thyroid problems as well, so I would love to talk to you about that. my family has a history of thyroid problems. I would love to become friends because I have tried this many times before but have had no luck. We can definitely become a good support system!