Anyone else ready for fall and/or winter?

Options

Replies

• jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love the fall but I can do without winter. As soon as the clocks get turned back its just depressing. I like messing around outside when i get home from work. Plus, pumpkin beers are coming:drinker:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I HATE the thunderstorms, humid heat, sunburn and bugs of summer. I LOVE the cold, clear nights of fall and the beautiful reds and golds of the leaves on dry, sunny days. I even like the long, soaking, slow fall rains that help every growing thing. I even love the winter. We get lots of snow but little to no wind, so it is a winter playground here as most of our snow falls at night and we get clear sunny days. We have lots of pine trees and lakes. It is beautiful. When I lived in the south, I found the very long summers depressing, as I hate living in air conditioning. I always burn--never tan--so sitting poolside was never an option.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I prefer the cooler weather. Warm weather makes me lethargic and lazy.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I love summer, love sitting poolside. Fall is my favorite time though and hell yes I love football! Hate Winter! Snow is a dirty word!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Fall is my favorite season....all the sports options...the best holidays and the weather here in Phoenix is perfect. winter is nice here too but when i lived back east i hated it. snow and cold...no thanks. keep the junk in the high altitudes. :D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Only weirdos hate summer. :laugh:
  • SergeantG
    Options
    I am so over summer....but then again, I always am!! I am not a hot weather person at all!! I love fall and winter....although, I shouldn't complain too much right now, our summer here in Michigan has been pretty 'cool', just a few sweltering days, but otherwise, a toleralbe temp....

Bring on the snow!!!

Thats right....I said it !!! :tongue:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I have lived in Florida for 23 years (my entire life) and I am moving to NYC in 6 days. This fall and winter will be my first REAL fall and winter. I've only seen snow twice in my life, and I didn't have to be in it for more than a few days. So I'm kind of excited for fall and winter but also terrified because I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO COLD WEATHER.

I am going to freeze.

It's gonna be awesome.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Autumn can't get here soon enough. Summer is nice, but give me cooler weather any day. *gets out her hoodie*
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Bring on the snow!!!

Thats right....I said it !!! :tongue:

Amen to that!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • harlar
    harlar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The weather here has been freakishly warm and as a lifelong summer-hater, things are growing difficult. I've been wearing scarves lately in the hopes that it will somehow lower the outside temperature, but sadly it isn't working. Counting down the days until I can wear a coat again ...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Not me! I'm loving summer!
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've begun to appreciate summers, now that I walk everywhere. Waking up on mornings in pitch blackness, and having to walk for several miles to work/school when it's -30C gets old pretty quick. And then it's dark again when you're walking back home.
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just went outside to feed the cat and got 2 mosquito bites, not to mention the poison ivy on my ankle! I am so NOT a summer person unless I'm sitting next to a pool with a foo foo drink in my hand!:laugh:

Fall cannot come soon enough! The changing leaves, football, kids back to school, crisp cool nights and mornings perfect for a run, football, Halloween, hayrides, apple cider, football, no bugs, and oh, did I mention football?:drinker:

Anyone else done with summer?????

My favorite "Foo foo"!!! Can't go wrong using that word. "Pool" I live in Vegas, can you imagine how tired of Summer I am? "Mosquito" well we didn't used to have them as it was always too darned dry and not humid enough for them to even grow, but with the rate of foreclosures here and the lot of them having pools that never get drained so they sit for years, guess what? We now have reported deaths from West Nile. And I'm paying more at the vet for heart worm meds just in case.

So yeah, Fall/Winter can't get here fast enough. And yes, it cools down here around late September - mid October. Then we sometimes get snow in the city
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Only weirdos hate summer. :laugh:

Count me as a weirdo...

Fall weather means cold beer outside by the fire watching college football. Right now it's so damn hot, you can hardly breathe. So yeah, COME ON COOL WEATHER!!!!
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until fall so I can run through all of the leaves on the ground and kick them, crush them and just soak in all that autumn goodness.

tumblr_m3hnpy5zP41r7ifqv.gif
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i love fall and winter but in jan/feb i tend to get S.A.D on top of everything else so that sucks summer i like vacations and the pool
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    We had a glimmer of changing to Fall this week with temps dipping during the days and waking to a few cool mornings. I'm ready.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for fall...hunting season!!! and football
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    yea done.