Not losing weight?

Options
Hi !

For the past week I have been hovering around 177.4 - 177.6. I've been eating 1300-1400 calories a day and it's filling me up. I have been on the elliptical everyday for 40 minutes, working hard but still no budge in the scale. If anything, my stomach does look bloated but my sodium has been under 1500 every day. What should I do? I'm not getting my period for another two weeks so I just am so confused haha?

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you're eating, not netting, 1300-1400 calories a day, then exercising for 40 minutes and burning i'm guessing 400 calories, you're only netting 900-1000 calories, which is semi-starvation. If you carry on, you will lose weight, there is no doubt about that as you're net calorie consumation is very low. However, in the first few weeks of semi starvation, your body will hang onto extra water - bloating your fat cells, which is why you feel and look bloated.
    How to solve this problem? Eat more, not a lot more, maybe just 300-400 calories and that should put you on more sustainable and muscle retention friendly track.

p.s. You don't need to slog it out for 40 minutes, it's a waste of time and not great for your muscles. Try 20 minutes of HIIT, you'll save time and you will increase your body's fat burning mechanism for hours after you've stopped.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    If you're eating, not netting, 1300-1400 calories a day, then exercising for 40 minutes and burning i'm guessing 400 calories, you're only netting 900-1000 calories, which is semi-starvation. If you carry on, you will lose weight, there is no doubt about that as you're net calorie consumation is very low. However, in the first few weeks of semi starvation, your body will hang onto extra water - bloating your fat cells, which is why you feel and look bloated.
    How to solve this problem? Eat more, not a lot more, maybe just 300-400 calories and that should put you on more sustainable and muscle retention friendly track.

p.s. You don't need to slog it out for 40 minutes, it's a waste of time and not great for your muscles. Try 20 minutes of HIIT, you'll save time and you will increase your body's fat burning mechanism for hours after you've stopped.

:flowerforyou:
  • vitaxo
    vitaxo Posts: 99
    Options
    I will up my calories! Thank you!
  • jj_15493
    Options
    I agree with the comment above about needing to eat more but you should also try watching the calories you are putting in. There is a huge difference between 2,000 calories made up of fruit, veg and lean proteins and 2,000 calories made up of chips and soda. Hope this helps too. Best of luck. :)