Hello :)

Options
Hi! I'm Kim... new here, 4 days into my latest attempt at losing weight. So far, so good. :) I made a bet with my husband... well, more like a deal... If I can lose - WHEN I LOSE - 100 pounds, he will buy me the Canon DSLR that I've been wanting. It's going to take a while, I know, but it's been a long time since I felt this "good" about trying to drop weight. I managed to lose 55 pounds back in 2000/2001 but a lot of different life/stress/emotional factors have led to me gaining what I lost, plus some :(
I have support of friends and family, but support of others trying to do the same lifestyle change will really benefit me.
Any questions? Just ask... :)

Replies

• Bonnie555
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I am newbie here and I am looking forward to all the wonderful support also - it should be a great journey with us all being here to support each other:)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome you both, this is such a great site
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of support here. Can't wait to see your progress and get closer to that camera! Sweet.
  • carlita231
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey..I'm am also new to MFP and absolutely love it! I find it so helpful! I am completely addicted! :smile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome...

You can and will do this...this is an amazing site..every pound I have lost, I have lost through this site! :flowerforyou:

All I can recommend is..drink plenty of pure water..straight from the tap...and add a lot of friends...they will help you through the tough time (they will come unfortunately) but with plenty of people around you, it makes the journey so much easier!

Good Luck...feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • dbchick27
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to myfitnesspal. Congratulations on deciding to start your weight loss journey. I took just started this site my self but prior to starting I had already lost 37lbs. This site will definitely help you stay on track with your calories and it will make you more aware of the bad food you eat. If you have any questions feel free to request me as a friend. I'm also looking to find friend who could give the encouragement need to continue on mu journey.

Again Welcome,

Conchita
  • moonfireknits
    Options
    Thank you everyone, for the welcomes! :) I'll have to start adding friends!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am new here too! Feel free to add me for support and good luck!!