Sooo tired???!!

Options
2»

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary (I only went back about 2 weeks) there are a few days you're eating your exercise calories but most days you're not. I think 1200 as a baseline is probably too low for you to start with then you add in exercise. The goal is to eat as close to your daily allowance as possible, I saw quite a few days that you were quite a bit under. Probably why you're so tired. Your body needs fuel. MFP has a deficit all ready built in to lose weight without exercise. You exercise and make that deficit bigger, which usually ends up being more detrimental than helpful.

Hmm maybe I should be eating more than! i have the feeling that I actually overeat quite a bit of days... instead of undereat! But maybe you're right,, I'd love to up my calorie intake a little bit as I'm quite hungry sometimes,I find it hard to eat foods that are filling... and low in calories

Try to eat more whole foods, they will help fill you up and help you hit your calorie/macro goals. Lean proteins with every meal and snack will also keep you full longer. No need for "diet" foods, they usually don't have much nutritional value and if they are low in fat then that means they've replaced the fat with sugar. Fat is better for you than sugar, the body needs fats. It also needs sugar but more in the form of fruits and veggies. It's perfectly fine to have some treats and processed foods but aim for more of the majority being whole foods. Everyone is different but I average 2200-2400 calorie intake a day and net 1600ish. Yesterday I ate 2400 calories and still had a 700 calorie deficit. I know it sounds couter productive but fueling your body properly will make you feel your best and you can push even harder in your workouts. I strongly sugggest going to scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator and finding your TDEE, this is an estimate of the total number of calories you expend in a whole day then subtract 15-20% from that number and aim for that everyday. If you go this route then you would not eat exercise calories as they are all ready figured in. Good luck!
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary (I only went back about 2 weeks) there are a few days you're eating your exercise calories but most days you're not. I think 1200 as a baseline is probably too low for you to start with then you add in exercise. The goal is to eat as close to your daily allowance as possible, I saw quite a few days that you were quite a bit under. Probably why you're so tired. Your body needs fuel. MFP has a deficit all ready built in to lose weight without exercise. You exercise and make that deficit bigger, which usually ends up being more detrimental than helpful.

Hmm maybe I should be eating more than! i have the feeling that I actually overeat quite a bit of days... instead of undereat! But maybe you're right,, I'd love to up my calorie intake a little bit as I'm quite hungry sometimes,I find it hard to eat foods that are filling... and low in calories

Try to eat more whole foods, they will help fill you up and help you hit your calorie/macro goals. Lean proteins with every meal and snack will also keep you full longer. No need for "diet" foods, they usually don't have much nutritional value and if they are low in fat then that means they've replaced the fat with sugar. Fat is better for you than sugar, the body needs fats. It also needs sugar but more in the form of fruits and veggies. It's perfectly fine to have some treats and processed foods but aim for more of the majority being whole foods. Everyone is different but I average 2200-2400 calorie intake a day and net 1600ish. Yesterday I ate 2400 calories and still had a 700 calorie deficit. I know it sounds couter productive but fueling your body properly will make you feel your best and you can push even harder in your workouts. I strongly sugggest going to scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator and finding your TDEE, this is an estimate of the total number of calories you expend in a whole day then subtract 15-20% from that number and aim for that everyday. If you go this route then you would not eat exercise calories as they are all ready figured in. Good luck!

Okay i am trying out this website, but for exercise level, I have a deskjob, so barely exercise, but then I do my exercises at night, so what should I do as activity level?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Okay i am trying out this website, but for exercise level, I have a deskjob, so barely exercise, but then I do my exercises at night, so what should I do as activity level?

I'm the same way, desk job and workout in the evenings...I have MFP set as sedentary but when I did scooby it will ask you how many times you work out. I do 5-6 days a week so I went with that one or whatever was closest, it's been awhile since I was on there.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options

I'm the same way, desk job and workout in the evenings...I have MFP set as sedentary but when I did scooby it will ask you how many times you work out. I do 5-6 days a week so I went with that one or whatever was closest, it's been awhile since I was on there.

okay so if I do exercises 3-5 times a week it comes up wit 1798 calories i should eat a day! So I can enter that right? and then not eat back my calories for exercising? That correct?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

okay so if I do exercises 3-5 times a week it comes up wit 1798 calories i should eat a day! So I can enter that right? and then not eat back my calories for exercising? That correct?

Correct! And it's ok to be over/under slightly here and there as long as it averages out at the end of the week!
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yup that's correct I used Scoobies for my tdee but I set mine at sedentary because I don't always keep up with my exercise plans!! If I exercise on a day I eat my tdee -15% @ sedentary PLUS any exercise cals...So some days I eat 1657 and other days I'm eating 1857-1900 depending in work outs :0)
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity also and am on my last week. I try and do the programs right after work about 6pm but have been doing them about 9pm the past few days. I do feel a bit run down when I do the late workouts. I do try to eat near my calorie goal and try and eat back some calories also. I think the program is taking a bit of a toll also, it is intense. Good luck to you.
  • hopefaithlove24
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity also and am on my last week. I try and do the programs right after work about 6pm but have been doing them about 9pm the past few days. I do feel a bit run down when I do the late workouts. I do try to eat near my calorie goal and try and eat back some calories also. I think the program is taking a bit of a toll also, it is intense. Good luck to you.

Ya it's def intense, but sooo worth it so far! I can really see that my body is toning up:) Just going with the higher calorie count now and I'll see if that makes me feel better, if it takes a little bit longer, owh well:) Good luck to you too, I'm sure you can do it!
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can SO relate to this! I had a slump weeks 2-4 doing Insanity. I am eating 1900 calories per day currently. I feel like I have no energy for it. I can't tell you if this has worked for me or not, because I am just starting it... but my new goal is to at least NET my bmr which is 1586. Many days my net is way less than that and I think it's making me more tired, possibly. I am also getting a little bored of the same workouts over and over! I am sending a friend request to you - hope we can get through this!