what is your go to meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options
briabner
briabner Posts: 427 Member
What is everyone's go to meal when they don't feel like cooking? Just curious and wanting ideas

Replies

• rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A can of Amy's Soup and an apple.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    “Until I discovered cooking, I was never really interested in anything.”
    ― Julia Child

I never have a moment when I don't feel like cooking, more so a matter of lacking time management skills. But, when I don't feel like cooking (on a stove I assume) I like to get some minute rice (wild medley) and throw some protein over it (sardines, anchovies, canned tuna, sausages) and some hot sauce or olive oil
  • moonflower0906
    Options
    Put brown rice or quinoa in the rice cooker, walk away. When its ready, I heat up some black beans and salsa with it.

It's the lazier version of my black bean bowls when I saute peppers, onions etc with it.
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I always feel like cooking but if I'm short on time I have 3.
    - Bran Flakes, Milk, Brown Sugar Dark
    - Spahghetti, Jar Sauce, Parm & Green Olives
    - Pizza, made with 12" Flour Tortilla, Jar Sauce 3/4 cup, Mozzarella 4oz./Bake at 350-425 on pizza pan; done in 10 minutes.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    A can of Amy's Soup and an apple.

Amy's unflavored, sodium prejudice, unsatisfying soup. I'll make my own lol

tumblr_lxm9oa7KJ51qcwhkeo1_400.gif
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I usually buy something out. I live right next to a whole foods, so I go there and get something pre-made. I also go to chipotle, noodles and company and panera a lot. I don't tend to make the best food decisions if I don't have a planned dinner.. so whole foods works for me.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I typically pick and choose from two or three things on a list like this -

-Sardines or canned salmon on ryvita crackers
    -Protein powder and peanut butter mixed in yogurt
    -cottage cheese with fruit
    -Vegetables dipped in hummus of peanut butter
    -turkey and string cheese rollups
  • Nicki_d801
    Nicki_d801 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg whites, slice and avacado, and put it on a piece of whole grain toast. Open face, packed with protein... super delicious, and fast! I'm also a big fan of making wraps using hummus, whole grain tortillas, and veggies and deli meat. Easy and delicious!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Double whataburger w/ bacon and jalapenos.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Soup and a piece of toast. I always make sure I have a pre-made soup in the cupboard for those days.

Also doesn't take long to defrost a piece of fish and fry it quickly, and microwave a few vegetables to go with.
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Define "cooking". I'm assuming you mean "more than tossing the food into an appliance until warm", in which case, everything I eat. I don't like cooking, far too lazy. The closest to actually cooking I get is tossing together an egg scramble out of whatever cheese and lunch meat I have floating around.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pizza. But I'm really try to break that habit! (I might make it on an english muffin with measured cheese at home, so not as greasy as buying out, but still).

Better option I've been turning to -> eggs or tuna (with whatever veggies I can muster together) usually thrown in a wrap. It's high protein & quick & easy. My husband usually gravitates to making nachos. He throws on every veggie he can get his hand on, beans or precooked chicken, & cheese.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Cedarlane Frozen Bean burrito, with extra black beans and avocado....LOTS hot sauce.
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    tuna sandwiches or oatmeal!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wrap on low-carb tortilla with turkey or ham, whatever kind of cheese I have and spicy brown mustard with some baby carrots with light ranch on the side
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and a steamfresh veggie bag
    bacon, sauteed greens, and an egg (so it's cooking - it only takes 5 minutes)
    Snack dinner - veggies, cheese, olives, whatever cooked meat is in the fridge
  • ladams562
    ladams562 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai take out, chicken quesadillas, steak, mac n cheese, basically anything the SO can make so I can relax on the couch. :-)
  • paige907
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Meals (Microwave or Oven). They are sooo surprisingly good! My husband works out of town four weeks away, 2 home && I never cook while he is gone. There is a big variety too... and sometimes I add my own stuff like franks red hot.. Yummmmmm
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with **** in them. I always cook them in bulk so I usually have spare- if not it's easy to make- all my "**** (green peppers, tomatoes, onions) are pre-cut so it takes 15 minutes to make tops.