If you have a hard time eating 1200 calories...

Options
why the heck are you overweight/obese?
jackie-chan-meme_thumb7.png

Replies

• ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    For some people it might be the switch from processed foods to more "natural" ones. Personally, having actually gone through this, I think it's a mental thing: you want to lose weight so much, your brain convinces your body it's full on so little food.
  • superwalrus417
    superwalrus417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL because I used to do that, and my user name is Superwalrus :D
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    walruses are so hungry, that they have to go and lie on MFP that they are full on 1200 calories, just in a fail attempt to convince themselves that they are not hungry, then after 4 days they go on binges

Wow dude. that's pretty harsh.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I used to take in a ton of extra calories.

But I used to drink a lot of them. And I used to take in high caloric foods with low water content.

Change that up and it makes a difference.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    walruses are so hungry, that they have to go and lie on MFP that they are full on 1200 calories, just in a fail attempt to convince themselves that they are not hungry, then after 4 days they go on binges

Walruses? :angry:

Not cool.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hey what's up with the negativity. Just live your life.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They switch to eating all sorts of fruits and veggies when they join MFP, and those have a lot more volume. If you're eating chicken breasts and broccoli at every meal, it's harder to reach the same caloric goal you used to while eating more calorie-dense foods.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    First, not everyone on here is overweight or obese. Many are here to lose just a few pounds or to get healthy. Second, many people completely swear off the high calorie foods they were eating before because they find they are unable to just eat them in moderation. It takes a lot more salads, veggies and lean meats to meet your calorie needs than junk foods, so many may find themselves full or satisfied before they reach their calorie goals when they make the switch to healthy alternatives.
  • Charlotte_Snead
    Charlotte_Snead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A woman I know says she can't eat 1400 calories a day but weighs about 260 and she is short. One day (but many examples) I saw her eat a large Dairy Q blizzard. Some people are very stupid or uninformed about calories. I used to be that person.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Bananas, avocado, nuts, cook with healthy oils. Problem solved IMHO
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    hD58C1EFB
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love to eat, no problems there. BUT the minute I start logging I completely lose interest in food & not in a good way. I've done better this round & on THIS site than ever before, but usually I would just stop eating. I think it's some kind of extreme laziness on my part. Folks on here have great advice & pre-logging my food has helped a lot. I just go look & see what I'm supposed to eat & eat it. So I really did struggle with getting enough calories at first, despite the fact that yes, I have lbs to lose!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    why the heck are you overweight/obese?
    jackie-chan-meme_thumb7.png
    Changed what I eat, so it's a higher volume of lower-calorie foods whereas I used to eat a smaller volume of lower-calorie foods.

Just sayin'.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Its what your body has adjusted to. Just like it adjusted to eating large amounts of high fat/ crappy food. I ate 1200 for over a year and yes, it is physically and psychologically difficult some days. My stomach rebels to increase in the amount or frequency of eating. A gradual increase does work as long as the increase is not junk
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong!
  • shrinkingWITS
    Options
    This is what you think about during the day? *scratches head*
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    The walrus part I try to ignore, that is just very insultive, but he has a point with the rest he said! Undereating can (and will most likely) lead to snack attacks! It's just the way he says it which is pretty rotten, it's so blunt and hurtful towards big people.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Why are you bothered? :laugh:
  • megan020103
    Options
    This is me! I am certainly not obese. Not really even overweight (still in the healthy range) but I managed to gain to more than I like to be at. I eat very filling foods - mostly veggies. I struggle getting to 1200 and I was just told I need to be at least 1400. I gained my extra weight when I started to take an anxiety medicine. As soon as I took It a few weeks - I gained 20 lbs. I got off it very quickly, but the weight stuck. I also like wine. I like wine a lot. I had at least a couple glasses 4 or 5 times a week. So I am sure that is where my extra calories came from. I now only allow myself one bottle a week. I also now measure my food - so I am sure I was eating more just by not paying attention before. Real food is very filling. I have to force myself to eat 4 cups of raw spinach - (still only 40 calories) when I want to stop at 2 cups.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Like a moth to a flame...

...am I to a "1200 calorie" thread.

OP, I suspect this will not go how you thought it would when you posted it...

...or, alternatively, it will go *exactly* how you thought it would.

Either way, I'm...

In...

...for further enlightenment on this topic that has vexed many on MFP.
This discussion has been closed.