Deleting all my current friends, need new ones!

Options

Replies

• trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My current friends just are not that supportive. They post pictures of food all the time and it drives me insane! I haven't been losing weight like I should, and clearly it's their fault!

I thought we were all here for the same reasons! They apparently are not. SMH

I am looking for new friends that can support me!

Just look at it as working on your willpower :)

If you can't deal with online photos...what are you going to do in the real world?

Temptation will always be there.... just learn to accept it and incorporate it in your daily life :)
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Why is this thread lacking nutella and oreos and poptarts?
    For you
    Screen+shot+2011-05-23+at+1.05.10+PM.png
    Nutella-Dipped-Oreo.jpg
  • JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My current friends just are not that supportive. They post pictures of food all the time and it drives me insane! I haven't been losing weight like I should, and clearly it's their fault!

tumblr_lyg4155Olc1qkedbio1_500.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nom nom!

bacon%2520cup.jpg

I think I love you!!!!!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Obviously the OP isn't completely blaming his friends. It's not like they're the ones feeding him. But when you have friends that post pictures that make you crave junk food, you're probably more apt to eat said junk food than if you have friends posting about their kick-*ss workouts and love of blueberries. So OP, I get where you're coming from. You're supposed to have friends that motivate you. I'm not saying weight loss is all about who your MFP friends are, but having encouraging friends that aren't trying to sabotage you can and will at least send you in the right direction. Sorry people are being mean to you on here XP I mean, I agree in the aspect that it has to do with you too, but really, my motivational friends have helped me through times where I was about to raid my cabinets for food, so having good friends helps a lot.

definitely agree with you.... :/ most of you just seem like bullies

:laugh: :laugh: This is great. Every time I check back into this thread, I get another laugh. :happy:

Exactly
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-b7ef4a.jpg

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-stupid-and-oblivious-to-trolling-or-trolling-trolls-14561e.jpg
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I

You can't be serious?! You're blaming your friends pics of food for you not losing weight?
  • justifit
    justifit Posts: 26
    Options
    You are all so wrong for this. It's okay be strong my new friend. :wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    In for da food pics.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!

Yes, plz...
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey, add ME! I'll only post super healthyass food pics. You'll lose so fast you'll go all black hole and implode!
  • MsSleeth
    MsSleeth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm having fun seeing the number of posts recorded beside each commenter's names. Some of these heavy posters are quite impressive:

Curious as to how many hours it takes sitting in front of a computer to rack up these totals. Such dedication!

Me... I'm a lightweight. I'm just here until the repair man finishes fixing my dishwasher.
  • jstrong54
    Options

You just gotta do what you gotta do! Post pictures of healthy foods for them!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSInwQ5p1zZZARqw1lajJ4vMGddQmgfCujUoczjIUhZD_D4dxaX
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqvgPSkLuZrHeR1vXrVx7FHMkq6rvsvfgp6f1psf0sxB1tE5qGow
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options

You just gotta do what you gotta do! Post pictures of healthy foods for them!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSInwQ5p1zZZARqw1lajJ4vMGddQmgfCujUoczjIUhZD_D4dxaX
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Nom nom!

bacon%2520cup.jpg

I think I love you!!!!!

Right there with you, pal.
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    I am not trying to be condescending when I say this...

You have to take accountability for what you eat and how much you exercise. It doesn't matter if your friends post pictures of food. If you want something that is shown in the picture, find a healthier version of it to help maintain your caloric intake or work it off. Social support to lose weight is essentially yet another crutch I see many people using here on MFP. When the social network fails or life gets in the way, these individuals relying on the social network are just going to fall back into their old routine. Asking for diet suggestions can be done on the forums and if they wish to see your diary, you can make it publicly available without adding any friends. Try to support yourself and not entice the drama of MFP support friends.

Good luck.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Me... I'm a lightweight. I'm just here until the repair man finishes fixing my dishwasher.

ooo ooo ooo I think I saw a film like that once ....
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhom1rHeEc1rjqeixo1_500.png
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm having fun seeing the number of posts recorded beside each commenter's names. Some of these heavy posters are quite impressive:

Curious as to how many hours it takes sitting in front of a computer to rack up these totals. Such dedication!

It is called keyboard cardio. You lack conviction.