Sautee the healthy way?

Options
How do you sautee your vegetables? Do the cooking sprays do the trick, or do you use olive oil?

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Olive oil all the way!!! It does not really take much and it is good for you:)
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Olive Oil! You never know what you're gonna get with the cooking sprays. Olive oil has the good fat and is VERY good for your body.. Other than the cals, you can't go wrong with it! Not to mention , it's flavor is fab!

Happy sauteeing!:happy:
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I also use olive oil. I got one of these oil sprayers at Williams Sonoma, and I use it ALL the time... to make a fried egg, to sautee vegetables, to add a little oomph to a salad. You end up using a lot less than pouring from the bottle.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/oil-mister/?pkey=x|4|1||4|oil%20sprayer||0&cm_src=SCH
  • samiko
    Options
    Olive oil is good, but UNREFINED Virgin Coconut oil is BETTER. The benefits from coconut oil are overwhelming and it also has a higher burn point than olive oil. Cocnut oil is a saturated fat but it's a medium chain, it actually helps meatbolize in your liver vs. going to arteries and clogging them...Google Coconut Oil, you will be amazed how truly good it is for you!