Friends wanted! new here, 5'5 150 lbs looking to lose 20.

Options
Hi,
I have heard that my mission of dropping the pounds that will push me from the edge to the middle of my healthy BMI is the hardest and slowest thing. I love the spirit of MFP and would love to connect with people of similar goals or experience to share tips and encouragement.
Thanks!

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5 looking to lose 10-15 pounds. :) Feel free to add me!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have heard that my mission of dropping the pounds that will push me from the edge to the middle of my healthy BMI is the hardest and slowest thing. I love the spirit of MFP and would love to connect with people of similar goals or experience to share tips and encouragement.
    Thanks!

I'm just about where you are! Feel free to add me!
  • juliamcmullen92
    juliamcmullen92 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position, about 5'6/7 and looking to drop at least 15-20 lbs to put me right in the middle of my BMI. I just started dieting and it's already so hard :( Feel free to add me!
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I too am 5' 5" & am hoping to lose about 20-25 lbs (I'm about 155 right now). Feel free to add me :)
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 ish and need to finish losing the 18 pounds I started losing at the beginning of the year..feel free to add me if you would like..the support, inspiration and motivation that I have found here on MFP has been just what I needed to keep me going:smile:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I'm looking to lose 20 pounds.
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm about where you are. 5'4 and 27 years old. I started at 150 but i am now 144. At the moment I'm trying to at least get to 130lbs. Once I get there I'll decide if I want to go further or not. feel free to add me if you like
  • kalika47
    kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", and started at 160 in mid-January. Getting to 145, top edge of healthy BMI was relatively easy, but I wanted to get into middle level also. I am now maintaining between 130-135, and let me tell you that losing those last 10 pounds has been a looong, and often discouraging process. It probably would not have been so bad if I had exercised, which I did not do. I do however, do fairly strenuous yard work, cleaning, etc. for 3-4 hours, 2 or 3 times a week.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and trying to lose the last 20 pounds but I decided to eat more and start lifting heavy.
    Honestly I'd rather lose inches than move the scale down. Even though it taunts me everyday (I have one in my bathroom lol)

Feel free to add me!!!
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends. I have lost almost 50 lbs and want to lose another 10-15 to get to goal :)
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, 28 years old and looking to drop another 25lb roughly. I hope I can be supportive to you. Feel free to add me :-)