Mid Section

Options
I think I am doing good at loosing inches and working on certain things but it seems one of my biggest trouble areas is my mid section, my stomach and thigh areas. Everything else is going good but I don't know the best way to loose weight and inches and tone up those area. I have heard different advice about it and was hoping you guys could help me out with it. HELP

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce.
    Eat at a deficit and strength train, you will lose inches.

I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for the last 3 weeks (not progressing as quick as suggested), and I've lost 0.75 inches off my waist (at belly button level).
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have a smaller waist and I know on my hips part of it is giving birth to 3 children lol can't do much about that I just want to get rid of the fat that is lingering all over those sections of my body and making me crazy
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce and the body decides where the fat will come off first and last. A calorie deficit for weight loss and exercise for fitness. By adding strength training to your routine, you will retain lean mass. Once you reduce your body fat, the muscles underneath will reveal themselves.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    That's definitely one of the toughest spots to lose and it probably is one of the last places to lose. I think that spot is almost all diet. My midsection is not my favorite spot on myself, but its definitely improved since I began the journey of losing weight and being active.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I think I need to try to eat a lot better and a lot less while still keeping up with my cardio and strength training but that area drives me crazy because i feel like its not going anywhere
  • taanvi
    taanvi Posts: 33
    Options
    i also have same ...with tummy and thighs.......i do calorie deficit it really makes me feel weak ......what could be done to reduce waist size???
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I do a lot of cardio workouts at home that seem to help my waist, i do zumba which works almost all of your muscles and I also started doing brazilian cardio shed and you can feel all the muscles hurting. I also do Tae Bo and that is a lot of fun and works a lot of those muscles as well.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    i also have same ...with tummy and thighs.......i do calorie deficit it really makes me feel weak ......what could be done to reduce waist size???

A low overall BF% is how you reduce waist size.

Good diet, work (cardio w/ compound movements), and patience. There is no exercise to spot reduce your waist. The body burns fat from wherever it wants, with the midsection usually being last.

You can do ab work all day long, but if there is fat to burn in other areas of your body, it will be taken from there first. Most individuals with "abs" on here don't actually do an ab isolation routine.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I don't really do any specefic area workouts I do cardio that is fun that i enjoy cause it keeps me interested and because i am buring fat by doing cardio. I just don't understand the whole calorie defecit thing, how am i suppose to eat less than i burn and still get everything i need such as vitamens and nutrients. I am just confused about what I am doing wrong i guess
  • happywithme12
    Options
    bump
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    im losing thigh inches from running (intervals, sprints,incline)
    I like my hips and butt glad not losing much from there
    waist try to eat a high fiber high protein diet, lower bad carbs if you eat alot of them.

good luck
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the whole calorie defecit thing, how am i suppose to eat less than i burn and still get everything i need such as vitamens and nutrients.

As long as eat at least your BMR (click "Apps" then "BMR") and eat healthy, and eat enough protein (at least 0.4 grams per pound of bodyweight), you should be fine. But it's good to take a multi-vitamin while in a calorie deficit.

Makes sense?
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I am off to a new start this week to drink more water, eat better and try to get in more cardio to loose fat, thanks everyone for the information and the help you guys are great