Am I wrong?

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
So, I have a question just because I have a guilty conscience. I have many friends on here and continue to receive requests each week. Now, I have been deleting friends who have disappeared for a month. I post on feeds and send messages to friends periodically if I see they have been missing for 7+ days. Which I have been told by some that they appreciate that I've taken the time to do so. I mean that's what we're here for right? We're here to motivate, encourage, and support each other. However, the thing I'm having a guilty conscience over is deleting individuals who are constantly beating themself up over everything, not taking words of advice or encoragement. The individuals who are constantly saying they need help staying motivated and have 20+ comments from friends giving them it but then it's just "I can't do this" "I'm having another rest day and I'll start again tomorrow" etc. encouraging words and advice can only do so much good if one does something with it. It gets tiring trying to encourage the unincourageable. It also puts me down which might be weird but it does.

Am I wrong for deleting these individuals? I feel bad for doing it because in a sense they are on here, logging food sometimes etc but at the same time I don't because it makes more room for people who are serious.

Just having a moral dilemma.

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Sounds more like an attention craver to me. I can understand having a day like that occasionally but to feel like that all the time seems a little much. Personally I wouldn't feel bad about it. All you can do is try and if they choose not to take anyone's advice then that will be on them.
  • smather0315
    smather0315 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on here for me and people who want this like I do. Don't feel bad that other ppls goals don't line up with ours. Just delete and move on to ur goal. ;)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8u3ubXoNC1rq07qwo1_500.gif
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's great that you want to help out and motivate people, but you have to remember that first and foremost this is YOUR journey and about you!

There is no reason to feel bad for deleting those people if they are discouraging you.
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8u3ubXoNC1rq07qwo1_500.gif

You make me giggle.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Well, you must really not be friends, then!
    Oh well lol.