Paleo anyone (posted n other board, hardly any responses)

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsSandra
    MrsSandra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started paleo. Monday will be two weeks for me. Eating lean meats (not TONS of it). Eating TONS of vegetables. Some small amounts of sweet potato or red potato scattered throughout the week (maybe twice a week). No grains, no gluten. No dairy, no sugar. All sugars are from two pieces of fruit a day, 72% dark cocoa chocolate and rarely a scant amount of raw local honey or 100% maple syrup. LOTS of coconut oil for cooking. Salads and veggies drizzled in avocado oil, or olive oil. Himalayan sea salt. I need to drink more water. (water is all I drink). Taking magnesium, cinnamon capsules, Vit D3 and B complex. Sesame seeds, dark leafy greens and chia seeds for natural calcium. The scale is going down, I dont feel bloated, like I use to. We are use to ordering take out or going out to eat. Since starting paleo we have eaten all meals cooked at home. I use lots of lemon juice for vitamin C. Homemade Lemon chicken with broccoli..Yumm and I squeeze lemons on salads. So far so good. I read that we can lose weight this way, if we follow it and eat only 3 non paleo meals a month. meals (not days)..... So far I have not had a non paleo meal. Soon, though, very soon ;-)
  • uboom
    uboom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started paleo. Monday will be two weeks for me. Eating lean meats (not TONS of it). Eating TONS of vegetables. Some small amounts of sweet potato or red potato scattered throughout the week (maybe twice a week). No grains, no gluten. No dairy, no sugar. All sugars are from two pieces of fruit a day, 72% dark cocoa chocolate and rarely a scant amount of raw local honey or 100% maple syrup. LOTS of coconut oil for cooking. Salads and veggies drizzled in avocado oil, or olive oil. Himalayan sea salt. I need to drink more water. (water is all I drink). Taking magnesium, cinnamon capsules, Vit D3 and B complex. Sesame seeds, dark leafy greens and chia seeds for natural calcium. The scale is going down, I dont feel bloated, like I use to. We are use to ordering take out or going out to eat. Since starting paleo we have eaten all meals cooked at home. I use lots of lemon juice for vitamin C. Homemade Lemon chicken with broccoli..Yumm and I squeeze lemons on salads. So far so good. I read that we can lose weight this way, if we follow it and eat only 3 non paleo meals a month. meals (not days)..... So far I have not had a non paleo meal. Soon, though, very soon ;-)

Way to go. You will really love this lifestyle change.