you're stuck up

Options

Replies

• BurningAway
    Options
    Yeah, when you're skinny you're either "stuck up" or "conceited". If you're fat or ugly that's the only time you get to be "shy" or "outgoing".

Learn it. Live it. Be it.

You forgot anorexic. And vain.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Dude No joke i was in target on the phone and i said where i was at and a lady stopped me and said it's not target it's tar je' she produced it so oddly

HA! my husband and I jokely call it "Tar-jé'..LOL
  • BurningAway
    Options
    Dude No joke i was in target on the phone and i said where i was at and a lady stopped me and said it's not target it's tar je' she produced it so oddly
    The "pronouncing Target in French" joke is old -- like really old, and quite well known. Where have you people been?

This person is stuck up. Pointing out how ineducated we are >:c for SHAME!

:flowerforyou: jk ;)
  • Dude No joke i was in target on the phone and i said where i was at and a lady stopped me and said it's not target it's tar je' she produced it so oddly
    The "pronouncing Target in French" joke is old -- like really old, and quite well known. Where have you people been?

This person is stuck up. Pointing out how ineducated we are >:c for SHAME!

:flowerforyou: jk ;)

ineducated?
  • rparkman
    rparkman Posts: 15
    Options
    Ha I'm with you Capn. I remember my grandpa telling me that dumb pronunciation years ago and him thinking it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    You're not stuck up...you were in Wal-Mart!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tell them *they* are the ones with the problem
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

lol, my hubs and I call it Tar 'je for fun.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

^ This. There are certainly limits to the "When in Rome. . ." cliche. But hey, if dressing up in a clown suit with a pair of jorts and cowboy boots while carrying a screaming 6 year old in diapers that haven't been changed in days, and dragging a piece of toilet paper behind you is your thing, then hey, you gotta be you. I'm not judging.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the target crowd...<embraces you>. Now ditch those walflowers. :wink:

Oh, and it's pronounced tarjet as a joke, cause the frenchies own it. It's always been a struggle for me to figure out who is supposed to be the lesser evil...them or Sam. :tongue:
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    So sad people come to such conclusions
    without giving you a chance to explain
    you were busy, side tracked or whatever
    being human is .. lol
    I honestly am extremely shy in RL so I try
    not to look so intensely at others and I'm
    told that is construed as conceit, which
    utterly bothers me .

I get this all the time - people think I'm snobby or uninterested and I'm not - I'm just shy...I also have what some people refer to as b1tchy resting face or brf, so it looks like I'm not nice.
  • mjeanae125
    Options
    Honey, those so called "friends" are not your friends. They're just jealous because of your weight loss (congrats, BTW!) and all eyes are now on you because you are different and most likely boringly similar. I reckon you have people who encourage you and have been by your side since day one (etc. family, people you knew growing up, etc) and would LOVE to see you flourish and blossom. I hope they will miss you dearly because YOU ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM!!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I honestly am extremely shy in RL so I try
    not to look so intensely at others and I'm
    told that is construed as conceit, which
    utterly bothers me .

Ugh I've gotten the same comment my entire adult life! I'm not stuck up, just shy and introverted!

THIS

Stuckupidness (haha) is in the eye of the beholder. I've also been called that for all of my life. Ya, whatever. I'm just normally pretty quiet. Don't do small talk. If someone can't get over that, then I call it their problem.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    It's just a way for them to justify their feelings of bitterness towards your success. Don't dwell on it too much, keep at it!!! :flowerforyou:

Agreed.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Ever since you've lost weight, I'm sure you've gained in self confidence.

Ever since you lost weight your weighloss and you self confidence makes you friends self conscience.
  • lagardner29
    Options
    :heart:

Stay strong.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I swear i never even saw them and I'm so busy watching my girls cause we had a problem with them stealing. So I'm constantly watching them and trying to shop. im so upset by this :(

Handcuff those little rascals to the shopping cart so they can't put things in their pockets. That should fix this problem. I hope this helps.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Damn... At Walmart? That's cold
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    It's just a way for them to justify their feelings of bitterness towards your success. Don't dwell on it too much, keep at it!!! :flowerforyou:

Agreed!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

^That's what I was thinking. :laugh: I think you're friends feel left out and maybe a bit jealous.