what is your go to meal when you don't feel like cooking?

Options

Replies

• Idreamoflean
    Options
    Beans on toast or poached eggs on toast...:happy:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Almost anything wrapped in a tortilla.

When I do feel like cooking, I usually make extra and freeze. I particularly like to do this with beans and salsa chicken or chili because those are things I am always hungry for -- plus rice is the easiest thing in the world to make. If I am out of that stuff, usually cheese, crackers, carrots and red pepper hummus.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with brown sugar sprinkled over the PB.

sweet jesus!! sugar on peanut butter!!!?!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Easy stir fry:

150gr wholemeal noodles
    150gr baby leaf spinach, washed
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp sunflower oil
    1 tsp sambal oelek (chili pepper paste)

Break up noodles in a bowl. Boil water in a kettle, pour over the noodles. Toast sesame seeds in an oil free pan and then take them out of the pan, so they don't burn.
    Heat up sunflower oil in a wok. Add the sambal oelek and stir fry for a couple of seconds.
    Add the spinach and stir fry until it has shrunk. No longer, because then it'll become soggy spinach. Turn off the heat.
    Drain the noodles and add to the spinach. Add the honey and soy sauce. Put in a bowl and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
    Takes about 5 minutes all together.

Easy "chili"

half a tin of mixed beans, rinsed to get rid of the salt
    couple of spoonfuls of salsa
    handful tortilla chips
    basmati rice

Put half a cup of basmati rice in a small pan. Boil two cups of water in a kettle and pour over the rice.
    Simmer on the stove for five minutes with the lid on. Then turn of the heat and let the basmati steam another five minutes until it's done. Do not take of the lid. All the water should be dissolved by then, so no draining necessary.
    Chuck the mixed beans and salsa in a small pan. Heat up.
    Plate up the beans, rice and have some tortilla chips with it.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    PB&J sandwich or a frozen meal, sometimes a can of soup or baked beans. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll graze on crackers and cheese until my two slices of American cheese are gone
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    Whatever i find in the fridge or the Larder. Emergency Backup are the odd (healthy, no crap ingredient, lowish cal, protein rich) ready meals, Lentils (1min in the Microwave) with Tuna and whatever else salad wise.
    Best moment the other day was when I discovered there was still a portion of one-I've-made-earlier Beef curry in the freezer .... yey ... with a couple of oat crackers ... sorted. Current don't-feel-like-cooking frozen backup is loads of Tomato and Basil Soup I've cooked up a few days ago. I do enjoy cooking loads in one go and fill the freezer up with it for later ;)
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Cereal or pb&j sandwich :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Well I always have to cook because if I don't there's literally nothing to eat unless there's a fridge full of leftovers. But BLT or taco salads are great anytime and especially when I don't feel like cooking. It only takes a few minutes to fry up bacon or brown and season some hamburger. And while that's cooking a few minutes more to chop up lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. They're super quick to make, there's only one skillet to clean up (because if I don't feel like cooking I don't feel like doing dishes either) and they taste really good for such minimal effort.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Cereal or scrambled eggs
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, celery sticks, carrot sticks and some fruit.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't cook so this is still an act of domestic godlessness as far as I'm concerned :tongue: but it's a favorite of mine -- nuke an Amy's burrito, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and nuke a little more, add some salsa and a little sour cream. Yum yum!
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with brown sugar sprinkled over the PB.

First person I have ever heard of who eats that. I love it.
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The new healthy choice meals in the steamer bag...in particular the basil pesto chicken and pasta. I eat it when ever the boys want take out.
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh or a smoked trout, bread and cheese...no cooking required
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pizza. With ice cream. And beer.

Also, I never feel like cooking.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I usually just make a quick stir fry with whatever veggies and protein I have in my fridge. Tonight I made portobello, bell pepper and onion stir fry topped with bacon and served on quiona. It was pretty tasty.
  • LisaYon
    LisaYon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said "don't feel like cooking"... It happens to me once in a while when work is busy! I eat a Smart One from the freezer to microwave with a piece of multi grain bread and a table spoon of butter and finish with a pudding cup. It's really not that bad tasting and its ready to eat in 5 min. Just don't use them every day, fresh is best! Try to keep fresh lettuce in the fridge too.. Bolton farms makes some really low cal dressing that's yummy! The blue cheese is fantastic!! ( smart ones are in the freezer section near lean cuisine but tastier)