on fiber

Options
I read somewhere recently that doctors recommend you get at least 28 g of fiber per day....or something like that, I can't remember the exact number. Anyway, my food diary says my goal is only 15 g. I've gone over already, because I like to eat fiber-rich foods, and I thought that was what you were supposed to do! I'm confused...

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I get around 35 a day. I don't worry if I am over! As long as your not getting more than 50 on a consistent basis, you should be fine.
  • lpkitty
    Options
    Mine said 15 as well, I reset it to 25 so I can at least get that much. 15 just seems way too low.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I reset it because I 'know" 15 wasn't enough for me :blushing: Since the reset to 25 things have been much smoother :drinker:
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I think I get somewhere around 70-90 and all is well....not doing it on purpose, just lots of veggies and fruit I guess.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fiber is good. If you exceed your "daily goal", that is good...just like water. That's probably one part of the database MFP could change--don't use the color red for exceeding the good things.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Reset it - It is better to have 25g or more per day. Your doing great getting more fiber in.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I've also been told that 28g is about the ideal amount of Fiber. I take 4 supplements to reach this. You can also change the fiber on your page if you go into customer settings.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone!!!