Looking for support to help me lose weight

Options
Hi everyone!

I moved to the US from the UK 3 years ago and gained 12 lbs within the first year. My goal is to get back to my pre-US weight, but hopefully be a bit fitter. I have been a user of this site on and off for at least a year now. I had some success losing weight last year, but I did on my own with no "fitness buddies" to help keep me on track... I've since managed to put all the weight back on! Ugh.

My boyfriend is generally supportive, but doesn't push me to keep on track. He's often just as tired as me after work and doesn't want to head to the gym either, so who can blame him!? Besides, he's pretty skinny and doesn't need to lose any weight (lucky thing).

I really enjoy working out, but I'm a bit useless unless I have a specific goal and someone to help keep me motivated. I did my first triathlon this summer with a friend and kept well on track with my workouts. I have another tri planned, but I don't know anyone else doing it, so I've let my training slide and may not end up doing it... lame, I know.

So... I think I need a support group, and would be more than happy to return the favour to anyone who wants to help me keep on track!

Sophie

Replies

• Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well you are in the right place then Sophie!

I joined here a week and a half ago and am finding that the support network is what is keeping me going. Without it I think I would have already "cheated" by convincing myself that one little biscuit wouldn't matter really.............

Log everything you eat and log every bit of exercise you do so we can cheer you on!

You can do it and we will do it with you!
  • thegreatkazoo
    Options
    Try the MOTIVATION group on facebook!! (If you have one of those!) If not, then her name is marytheicecube on MFP!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my boyfriend! But he nneds to lose weight! LOL!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Support has definitely helped me to stay on track - I've lost 13 pounds since joining a few months ago and am finally just a couple pounds from my goal. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support! And good luck in the triathlon:)