300lbs loss goal... feeling swamped!

Options
Hi :) I'm aiming to lose just under 300lbs... I've made a good wee start and am just looking for anyone similar, or people who are keen to be positive influences in my journey. Finding that even though I have done well for a wee while, I'm feeling overwhelmed today and would just love someone to talk to me and see if they could make me see it's manageable!

Anyone who has lost that much already in particular, if you're out there - I'd love to speak to you!

Also keen to make new friends of all shapes and sizes! :)

Replies

• becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hmmm perhaps not the right time to ask this?
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose also and could use some friends. feel free to add me!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your support team if you share your food diary.
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you :) Always looking for good friends to keep me motivated.
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My goal is different than yours, but I would be happy to be a positive friend if you'd like to friend me! :)
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message with a link. Hope this helps. It can be done.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51lbs as you see and i have 140lbs ish to go. Feel free to add me, i'm positive and help as much as i possibly can :)
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It says you've already lost over 100 lbs! Awesome!! You've come that far you can go all the way! I'm not done yet either but I know it's soooo gonna be worth it! Feel free to add me! I get encouraged by encouraging others!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of mini-goals I want to achieve - I started at 213, so my first goal was to get outta the 200's - CHECK!

My next goal is 192, which represents a loss of 10% from my starting weight. (I could hit this one in 2-4 wks)

Next would be 172, which was the weight where I joined another weight loss program (I lost on that program, but I was miserable and gained it all back plus. It just wasn't sustainable.) For some reason this weight is significant for me.

From there I would like to be under 170 because I will be out of the BMI category of Obese.

Next I will concentrate on 140 to get out of the Overweight category. Then I will see how I feel at that weight, but I think that is a good weight for me to aim for.

I resisted putting my real goal on here, because I thought the entire amount might cause me to lose hope and just give up. At some point, I found it was really working and I knew I could keep this up for the rest of my life, and I did put the actual 73 pounds on there.

I know that doesn't compare to having 300 lbs to lose, but I think the same concept could help. Find some meaningful goals for you along the way. I tell myself that I put the weight on one day at a time, one meal at a time and that is how it has to come off too.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have found the day-to-day support from my friends here to be marvelous!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You have had a great start! Down to only 170 pounds to lose. Honestly, that sounds SO much better.

You can get there.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. I think this is a good question, just a more defined target group, so probably not so quick a response.

I don't have 300 pounds to lose, but certainly half of that, easily. What I do know is that the basics are the same. We're looking at the same process....and that is to make small changes and live them from day-to-day, eat within a calorie budget, not beat ourselves up for not being perfect, move a little more, and take in better quality foods where we can.

The suggestion I would have, for what it's worth, is to set some short-term goals. Okay, you want to lose not quite 300 pounds, and you can, but the things that will keep you encouraged on the road to that are those that will come along the way.

The first pound or ten pounds or twenty-five. The first time you walk a little further. or made a better food choice, or budgeted in something you knew would normally have been an excess. Whatever speaks to you in a good way.

My first short-term goal (since early June) has been to be back in my last pair of jeans before the end of Summer. I actually have lost 30 pounds now, which is so exciting to me, and I just tried the pants on yesterday.....only to realize that I'm going to need a new goal because, while they aren't long-road-trip-ready yet, I could have worn them to go have coffee with my friend yesterday and been comfortable. I am going to hold off until they are road-trip comfortable and the weather cools off. lol

I would encourage you to allow yourself to feel good about the positive changes and small progressions. You can feel good about your good wee start - and you should. Work your program and feel good that you're doing more than you were. You're better off today than you were yesterday - and you did that.

You'll have days where it's harder and you'll have days when you can't believe how easy it was to do the things you laid out for yourself. But it's all just life. Every day is new.

Don't be a Nazi. We who are larger to start with get good results from small changes and it's super encouraging. And there isn't really anything I tell myself I can't have - if it fits within my food budget. If I know I'm going out with friends, I try to save extra calories during the day, have a snack before I go so that I'm not crazy-hungry, and I go. I almost never go over on my calories, but I do a little on occasion (maybe 50 or 100 calories or something).....then one day a week or so ago, I was partying with my friend and ate/drank over 1.000 calories extra! I logged every bit of it....and then I started over the next day. Period. I still lost weight that week, too!

Also, eat your calories. Yes, at or under that number each day is the idea, but not way under. The closer to zero, the better. Fuel yourself, feed your metabolism, don't go around deprived and hungry and miserable. You don't have to.

You're doing great - you got started. Glad to hear from you. And I hope the rest of your day goes better. :)
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your ticker - your "wee start" is huge! lol You're doing awesome!!!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You are already more than a third of the way there! Amazing!! You can definitely do this, you've already shown you can. Don't look at it as 188 more pounds (I might be off some there, cannot remember what your exact lost so far number was) but instead look at it as losing just 10 pounds more, and after that, then 10 pounds more, and so on. The work you have done so far is absolutely REMARKABLE!
  • AZ_Danny
    AZ_Danny Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The way I see it... looking at your ticker... you've already lost a whole person! What's a couple more?!
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your positivity and support for the bit of weight I've already lost :) Glad to have made some more friends!
  • Junie2013
    Options
    Your success so far is AMAZING!! You should be proud of what you've done!

I have over 100 to lose myself, so I want to have friends who are going to be on MFP for a long time. I'm trying to take this slowly, changing a little at a time and giving it time for those changes to stick. Mostly, I want to have peace in my life - peace with food, peace with my body. I'm just starting, but already feel like taking it one day at a time and not being too rigid is making things SO much better. I don't know where this journey is going to take me, but I'm on it and not looking back. I'd be honored to be a friend, so add me if you like!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me.
    Good luck to you.
  • dentedcan
    Options
    Friend request sent! Wouldn't mind if everyone else here added me as well. I'm short on MFP buddies, but I log every day, offer support, and I've been ridiculously consistent the last 60+ days.
  • kellz248
    kellz248 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there, today is my first day on here I've been goin to the gym everyday and have lost 8 pounds so far,, too bad this isn't the biggest loser and its not coming off that sat, I'm trying to do this healthy. Ie had knee surgery once already to take out my meniscus . Ow my knee cap slides about 3 inches so can't do too much it hit injuring myself more. I've been doing elliptical swimming and weights, would love encouragement and love to give, feel free to add.
    Kelly
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your ticker - your "wee start" is huge! lol You're doing awesome!!!

Agreed!