Anyone from Ontario Canada?

Options
I'm a yo-yo dieter. I like to socialize, have drinks with friends and I love to eat and cook. I'm open minded, honest and say what I mean. I'm far from perfect and non-judgementel. Just embarking, yet, on another attempt to lose weight. Trying low-carb this time around. Looking to make new friends for support who have the same qualities that I just posted. Oh, and I love to laugh and make others laugh!

I'm 41 yrs old, married, have a son who will be 23 yrs old this December and a daughter who will be 20 this December. I work 2 jobs. Job #1 is full times as a server/bartender, and job # 2 is a cashier at a big grocery store. Need to lose 30 lbs a.s.a.p..lol

Looking forward to meeting you!

Replies

• krishibbs
    krishibbs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am from Ontario Canada and am also a yo yo dieter. Like you I like to cook (and eat) and bake (and eat) and have fun with my family and friends. Sadly, I equate fun to food...afterall, a bbq isn't nearly as fun without the burger, potato salad, chips, cocktails, and smore's around the camp fire. Worst of all, I hate feeling like I'm no fun to be around. Drinking lemon water and veggies and dip while everyone else is on their 3rd beer and snacking on nacho dip makes me feel like I'm boring and not joining in the fun....does that make sense?

Essentially, I feel as though I have been "dieting" my whole life. I am now 33 and am still trying to lose those last few pounds and at last feel good about myself. I was heaviest in my teen years...where I was a good 30 pounds heavier then I am today. Yes, this is a good thing I suppose, I weigh ess at 33 then I did at 18 and my prom dress would be too big for me. Ha Ha. In all serious however, I lack discipline, willpower, and motivation to succseed. In my heart I know that I really just need to exercise...but I HATE exercising. I will do good for awhile and then I lose my momentum. Same goes with the diet. I had been doing so well these past few months and then on the weekend I completely gave into temptation and gained 4 pounds. YES 4 pounds in 3 days. Seriously? The frustrating part is I wasn't that bad...I just wasn't "in the zone". Sadly, it will take me about 3-4 weeks to lose this. (an no, I am not exaggerating). I have been using Weight Watchers in the past and yes, it does work for me. I am not a believer in cutting out food groups to lose weight as I don't believe this is something I could maintain in the long run. I recently heard about fitness pal and thought I would compare the two programs. Needless to say, they are very similar and I am enjoying myfitnesspal and can see how one could succeed with this.

I am trying to lose 13 pounds. 130 is my ultimate goal and I am currently at 143. I am "curvy"...and would like a little less cuve in the hip and thigh area and a little less jiggle in my *kitten*:) Like I said, I know it's in the exercise but I just can't get find the momentum to make it happen. I feel like all I do it whine but don't want to do anything to actually change it.

Anyway, my hope it that My Fitness Pal is a new program that I haven't used before and perhaps something fresh and different will inspire me to make it happen.

I do find that support groups make it easier to stay on track and build momentum. Best of luck to you. It really is a one week at a time process. I have learned that tracking is key!

I love to share tips on recipes, healthy food choices, etc. My latest "must have on hand at all time" foods are frozen grapes, summerfresh roasted red pepper dip, cheecha puffs, fold it bread, and greek feta and oregano dressing!

Good luck!

K
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm from Toronto :)
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nation's capital! (:
  • graysquirrel
    graysquirrel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From Leamington...home of H.J. Heinz Co. and the tomato capital of Canada. :)
  • imralpharvin25
    Options
    Toronto!)
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Windsor :)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from London, Ontario.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Toronto here!
  • sdwojtas
    sdwojtas Posts: 13
    Options
    I am original from St. Catharines, live in North Tonawanda, NY now
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not from Ontario, but close - just outside of Buffalo, NY here! Just across the border from Fort Erie!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    From Leamington...home of H.J. Heinz Co. and the tomato capital of Canada. :)

I go to Point Pelee almost weekly. :)
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, from east of Ottawa :) I'm trying to get this weight off before menopause kicks in or I'll be SOL. Add me :)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the T-dot!
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I'm in the GTA!
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm from Toronto. Good luck to everyone here. It's a great way to realise how much you're eating and learn about nutrition. Also a way to eat what you want, but not have to "diet" ( just watch portions, know where it fits into your overall calorie goal, macros, etc).

I weigh less now than I did as a teen and in my twenties.
  • iamdominique
    Options
    I live in ottawa may-august, and in kingston september-april (queen's u student) :)
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    <--- Toronto as well! West ender. :)
  • ladyzerlina
    Options
    GTA :)
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Mississauga. I'm struggling with the last few pounds.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    gta