New to program

Options
Hi, I've been doing fitness pal for 2 weeks now....I've been trying hard to follow my calorie plan, but somedays it has been difficult..I'm a real sweet tooth n not a big fan of water...lol. Looking for any advice and support to keep myself on track...thanks :smile:

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    this may or may not help, but I look at every glass of water as a step towards my goal. I make sure I'm never thirsty, always hydrated... that is not only healthy but it really helps minimize those water weight swings that are great the day you drop 2.5 lbs, but then suck for the next two days as you gain it right back... sweets are a different story. I posted in another thread that I satisfy my sweet coffee craving by walking to starbucks. 3.5 somewhat hilly miles round trip, and I burn more calories than I take in (about 500 burned vs. 300 consumed).
  • desi4358
    Options
    I joined a few weeks back and am now ready to get started....I lost about 130lbs 3 years ago and have slowly put about 35 back on...so not happy with myself. I feel horrible now. So hopefully by finding some friends on here that are on same journey as me it will help. Need the support. I still need to lose around 70lbs to be happy with myself. Gonna take it 10lbs at a time....feel free to add me if you like.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I joined a few weeks back and am now ready to get started....I lost about 130lbs 3 years ago and have slowly put about 35 back on...so not happy with myself. I feel horrible now. So hopefully by finding some friends on here that are on same journey as me it will help. Need the support. I still need to lose around 70lbs to be happy with myself. Gonna take it 10lbs at a time....feel free to add me if you like.

Wow! That's a lot of weight to lose! Great job!
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!

I've never had a problem with water, but I know that it's a big issue for a lot of people around here. My own husband doesn't like it plain- he adds lemon juice to his so that it has a flavor. I've seen others use Mio or Crystal Light (depending on what your views on artificial sweeteners are these may or may not be an option for you- but there are natural alternatives to these as well). You can start with full strength and then gradually cut it back until you're drinking it plain.

I have a HUGE sweet tooth. What works for me is to save some calories at the end of the day to have a small dessert before I go to bed. For example, Yasso makes some great frozen Greek yogurt bars for 80 calories apiece. I just got some mini lemon bundt cakes in the bakery section that are 130 cals apiece- my treat doesn't have to be huge, but it keeps me from feeling deprived.

And just remember, take it one day at a time (this is something that I still struggle with). If you have to, take it one meal at a time. Some days will be harder than others. Some weeks will be harder than others. But you can do it :) Best of luck!