- would you?

Options
amylouize2012
amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
I know this is TMI but one of my friends has been banging on about colonic hydrotherapy which I have always just thought was gross end of discussion...... BUT I was reading an article about how much it helps ect and now am considering maybe trying a session?? I am a bit scared though and have no idea what to expect and not sure if I will go through with it so I thought I would ask my MFP buddies what you all think. Has any one had one? Is it a good idea? Any negative experiences? Feel free to PM me....... sorry if this offends anyone, am genuinely curious as to whether it is effective.

Wasn't sure wheteher to put this in Chit-chat or weight loss, so chucked it in both, hope that's ok......

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I think that happened to me once by accident in a hot tub.
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    Hahaha - oh dear
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    Info from the clinic my friend used:

Colon Hydrotherapy
    A healthy colon functions to conserve water in the body and to help eliminate waste and toxins. An average person can hold up to 10-25lbs of dried fecal matter in his/her colon.

Someone who is overweight or suffers from an allergy may store even more. Different indications including the following can be signs of an unhealthy colon:

•Constipation
    •IBS (Irrital Bowel Syndrome)
    •Bloating
    •Flatulance
    •Diarrhoea
    •Headaches
    •Poor sleep
    •Fatigue and many more symptoms

Colon hydrotherapy is a safe and natural procedure involving warm sterilized water which goes through both a filter system and UV light flushed into the colon to help soften and break down the waste which is stuck onto the walls of the colon and eliminate it from the body. This is done without the use of chemicals, drugs or herbs of any form.

Due to ingredients in today's diet; refined processed and artificial foods, high in saturated fats and low in natural fiber can form this waste inside the colon which can be there for years.

Colon hydrotherapy eliminates the toxins from the body, helps restore the pH balance and helps stimulate the digestive system. Many of our clients have found that with the help of colon hydrotherapy their quality of life has vastly improved.

Our therapists are members of RICTAT (International Association and Register of Integrative Colon Therapists and Trainers). Our therapist is also a qualified acupuncturist and is a member of the AFPA (Acupuncture Foundation Professional Association). Having completed her studies in Acupuncture, she then went to China to do her clinical training in Shanghai Sixth Hospital and then pursued further studies in the US for colon hydrotherapy.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get rid of "toxins" or "cleanse your body", it's mostly just nonsense. There's not much science backing any of it up. But nothing wrong with trying it out, not much danger there outside losing your money.
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    How any threads does this need?

It's a sh1t subject anyhow.....

see what I did there?
  • alimak21
    alimak21 Posts: 20
    Options
    Not a good idea....
    Read this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/colon-cleansing-harms_n_915098.html

Penn and Teller (Love those guys!!) also looked into it on their show Bull**** and guess what they found out? It was bull****!! I don't know if the episode is available online, but it is from Penn & Teller: Bull****!   Season 5, Episode 4.
  • amylouize2012
    Options
    @Jonsey - LMAO

@everyone else - decided to give it a miss - I think I scare too easily!!
    Thanks for the obs x