1 month and no change!!??

Options
Hey guys- I am confused and frustrated. I have been on here for a bit over a month now. So far I have lost 0 lbs and 0 inches. I am not sure if what I am doing is wrong or right- or I just need to do more of something or less. Here is my data:

CW: 136 lbs
GW: 100 lbs
Height: 5"1'

I eat around 1300 calories a day. I have been eating a more the past few days because of religious celebrations. I exercise around 1/2 hour a day- almost everyday. I burn around 0-200 calories a day. I have 4 more pounds to lose until I reach a healthy BMI. I am not sure if I am eating too much and not exercising enough. If you want to check out my diary it is open. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public. Change your settings :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Your profile/diary are private. You'll have to change your settings :)

EDIT: Gah, MFP and their updates/Site down. Sorry for the double post!
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My diary is now open.
  • neutralhills
    neutralhills Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1300 calories a day is not a lot at your age and I don't think it will be healthy to drop below that. Would suggest ramping up exercise before dropping calories. 200 calories a day is not a lot of activity, to be honest. I am not an expert, however, so please take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

Best of luck!

Sean M.
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Im dealing with the same thing , im pretty certain its bc of the types of foods im eating eveb though im at a calorie deficit I may need to watch my macronutrients now :/
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would try eating at least 1500 calories. You're pretty much starving yourself otherwise. I just went to a personal trainer and he said low calories will make you lose weight at first but then you plateau and it can really affect your metabolism. Which is maybe why you're not losing. I started at 1200 and didnt lose a bit...until I slowly raised my calories to 2000 (i am breast feeding btw) and am steadily dropping weight and inches.

Just took a look at your diary. Try adding some fruits and vegetables instead of all those carbs. Up your protein and down your carbs.

I am not an expert either but you definitely need some color (fruies and veggies)in your diary :)
  • marshall_morgan
    Options
    You are not staying under your calorie goal thats why!!!
  • Ericacarrino
    Options
    Eat more fiber, fruits/veggies and lean proteins.......try to stay under your calorie limit for the day.....and 1300 cals is not enough.....at least 1450-1600
  • Alairissa
    Options
    You are not staying under your calorie goal thats why!!!

I haven't been staying under the past few days because of celebrations- but I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow.
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep you are eating too much. 1 calorie over your maintenance is gonna get you some fat gain. Weigh your food, be honest with portions. You will feel more full if you trade carbs for fat and protein. In the end just eat under your bodies caloric maintenance.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost anything in your first month, chances are, you're underestimating your intake and/or overestimating your burn.
  • Alairissa
    Options
    I overestimate my intake- just in case my eyeballing is wrong and the measuring cup i use is off by a little bit. I however do feel I might be overestimating exercise. I am not sure if 1300 is a good place for me to be + exercise and not eating back those calories.

Also I am 39 calories under my BMR.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You should probably try to eat clean. I notice you intake a lot of junk food. Also, try to stay under your goal--especially for the week.

Here is a list of foods your should/shouldn't eat

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder

good luck
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I noticed in general that you diary is bouncing all over the place both in your calorie goal and in your intake. I went back a few weeks and saw everything from a 1300 goal with you eating 1650 to a 1450 goal with you only eating 900 (I realize some of this may be exercise related, but you need to try to get close to your goal consistently and either eat your exercise calories or not, also consistently). If you use the MFP calculator, what does it say your maintenance intake should be? And what does it say when you set it to lose .5lb/week? That will give you some guidance as to what you need to be doing to lose and how much food will make you gain. Once you have established the number you need to lose .5lb/ week, follow it closely for a while and stop with all the over and under eating all over the place. Once you get good at that, start working on trying to hit your macro goals. You'll never know what is really going on and what does or does not work if you don't pick a goal and stick with it for several weeks.
  • bigonroad
    bigonroad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also, I've had a look at your exercise, and you are including a lot of everyday stuff that is likely included in your BMR calculation anyway: cooking 30 calories, walking up stairs 180 calories, etc. Are these actual periods of exercise, or just the normality of your day?
  • Alairissa
    Options
    Also, I've had a look at your exercise, and you are including a lot of everyday stuff that is likely included in your BMR calculation anyway: cooking 30 calories, walking up stairs 180 calories, etc. Are these actual periods of exercise, or just the normality of your day?

These are actual periods of exercise. Not normality of the day. I don't cook everyday, or got up the stairs constantly for 20 mins everyday- not including what I would do normally.

Thanks for all the responses. :)