Healthiest & tastiest way to cook chicken breast?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Mayo and parm.
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    bump for later
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Marinate in your favorite sauce. I think italian dressing works if you don't have a certain sauce you like.

Cook on the grill for 5 minutes each side.

We buy chicken tenderloins in bulk at Costco. I vacuum seal them with our favorite sauce (Speedies marinate from Binghamton, NY) and toss into the deep freeze. Then we just have to thaw and cook.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The most crucial part about cooking chicken is to keep the temperature low and do it slow, and to NEVER OVERCOOK IT! When I cook chicken in the oven, I can literally pull the baking tray out with my bare hand.

If the internal temperature is going about 65 C, you are absolutely ruining it! I mean, it will be ok, but it won't be superb or fantastic.

Check out Heston blumenthal's YouTube videos on chicken, eggs, and beef, and it will change the way you do things and make you look forward to even plain chicken breast. Most people have no idea they are over cooking chicken, because they have not had perfect chicken, ever.

As a point of reference, water boils at 100 C and this is WAY TOO HOT
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I slow cooked some chicken in Paul Newman's Pineapple Salsa - it was delicious after we shredded it and used it for wraps and salads. 2 large breasts were gone quickly!
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love putting chicken breast in my panini press. It's a little miracle worker. I sprinkle it with a premade or homemade spice mix, drop the top and it's done in less than 5 minutes. If you really hate to clean it, you can put foil on the grates before you put the chicken on, otherwise I just put a wet papertowel in it after I've unplugged it for a couple of minutes and let it steam. It wipes right off!

One of my favorite mixes is a little cumin, coriander, red pepper, and salt. I also have a mediteranean mix where everything is ground up super fine, but it's rosemary, time, basil, salt, pepper, etc. Super good!
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    when I make mine I use different spices, however, whatever spice you put on them make sure you cook the chicken after washing it and it is DRY.

Fry it up so that the outside is nice and brown and then toss them in the oven to cook for about 15-20 mins (depending on the size of the breast). They always come out tender and moist :)

* I forgot to mention that I use coconut oil - it's awesome! *

Coconut oil is the bomb! SO awesome!
    I do the same thing. Variations of spices and chuck in some mixed veges. That's all you need.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh and loose foil/baking paper parcels. Same as you would cook/steam fish in the oven.
  • tiffanyraylene
    tiffanyraylene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite. I make this about once a week :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-stuffed-chicken-breasts/detail.aspx
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    use the crockpot. season with what you like and throw in on High for 2hrs,done and juicy.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    If frozen make sure to pre thaw them. I know this sounds like common sense but I swear the first dinner my boyfriend ever made for me was chicken and he put it on the grill frozen! Haha

That being said I always cover both sides with a little mrs dash (my favorite is the chicken seasoning but there are many good flavors and they are salt free!) and make a tin foil pouch and cook in the oven on 400 for about 20-30 mins. The key is to not overcook them! Most chicken is dry because it is overlooked. Also sometimes I like to put a little water in the bottom of the pouch sometimes. I just made chicken this way tonight and it was delish! It came out perfectly juicy and amazing :)
  • camsgal06
    Options
    bump!!:smile:
  • lulu150
    lulu150 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bumping!!!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Steam or Grilled ,, no seasonings or no salt,, just plain or original :)
  • jenk7356
    jenk7356 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mander8282
    mander8282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually just cut chicken breasts into strips or small pieces, sprinkle with lawrys season salt and cook on the george foreman grill for a couple min. on each side. super easy and yummy. Just watch them, they cook fast and if you over cook them, its like chewing on rubber. Dip in some BBQ sauce if its not enough flavor.
  • jellybaby321
    jellybaby321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One way of cooking chicken fillets is to put them in a casserole dish straight out of the packet and add boiling chicken stock over them (about 1 litre). Then place the dish in the oven at 180C for 40 minutes. The stock will give flavour and moisture to the chicken and give you a nice sauce to pour over piles of vegetables at the end.

Top tip: If you feel like a treat add one table spoon per person of reduced fat cream cheese like Philadelphia to the stock, it gives a lovely creamy taste without the calories of the packet sauces. I've successfully conned the family in to thinking we were having a night off 'the diet' with this meal!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I made this in my hotel room today. Chicken breast was put into a ziploc bag with soy sauce, and I put that in the little hot water heater they have in all the rooms. It stays below boiling most of the time. Came out super tender. Can't resize with my iPad.

7a24aa0abfae5e73d284ba78c719f7ec_zpse11094d8.jpg
  • ladydeee
    ladydeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cook it in the crockpot with a little water. Then you can shred it and use it in salad, etc.