Diet pills?

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    If you don't like your money you can always send it to me! :)

Don't do it.

How much are you eating a day?
    How much are you working out?

It's normal that at one point after having lost weight for awhile your body will slow down, adapt, adjust and start up again. Weight loss takes time. Be patient, keep working.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I took phentermine years ago. I did loose weight when I took it. But didn't know how to keep it off when I stopped taking it. I didn't learn anything. Taking it may have not contributed to the urterian tumer I had within the 6 mtn period of time that I took it. I have always felt like it was part of the reason that it grew to a size of a grapefruit in 6 months. May not of had anything to do with it but I won't ever take them again. You can do it without pills. It might take you longer you may lose slower but it can be done. Watch what you eat, log everything and work out even it's walking. Good luck
    I also gained all of what I lost back and lots more.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    "Diet pills" persay are basically junk...

However, certain supplements can definitely help you decrease fat. Highly recommend that you research:

1) PES Alphamine
    2) OxyElite Pro

I'm currently using Alphamine in conjunction with working out 6 days a week along with a clean, healthy diet of 40/30/30 P/F/C macros and am seeing better results, specifically around my midsection.

You are seeing results because of a calorie deficit and exercise. Not the pills.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    What's your take on diet pills? Have you taken them before, If so what kind worked for you. I'm really looking into them, just need others opinions. Please and Thank-you. :happy:

Just out of curiousity, how tall are you? I noticed you have a great shape already and that you are really pretty as well. Why are you trying to lose so much weight? Are you extremely short and/or in physical pain caused by weight??

Thought you should knowt that....Anyways good luck with all your goals!!! :drinker:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    there is no magic pill to get your weight loss going again, you're going to have to experiment some with your exercise and diet to get the pounds coming off again

after all, with all the money Oprah Winfrey has, don't you think if any diet pill worked she would have already bought it and lost the weight and kept it off?
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    not pills but some supplements are useful, but you have to research them first. simple things sometimes help, like supplementing with more bvitamns for more energy, stuff like that helped me :)

but there is mostly bitter orange peel, yeber mate, and caffeine in these diet pills. I don't really think they are much good other than making you jittery. for example, the Thermobol has over 400mg of caffine per 4 pills they say take a day. Wow talk about caffeine over load!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Topic is VERY controversial. You want to try them, do so. I've been taking OxyElite Pro for a while and I think it's been helping...physically and mentally. Helps keep you on track and assists with metabolism efficiency and burning fat.

Also, I just started taking a vitamin called Biotin since some of my hair decided it's not gonna grow anymore! lol But...this vitamin promotes healthy hair, nails, skin and also energy and an increased metabolism.

The efficiency of weight loss supplements depends on other habits. You do have to eat moderately and exercise to gain results.

Good luck!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Tried them all...well most of them anyway.

Save your money and invest it in running shoes instead.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I worked in a pharmacy and those pills are a heart attack waiting to happen. The main ingredients in some of them are caffeine and pseudo-epinephrine. All they do is increase your heart rate which makes you feel like you have more energy and that the pills are working, and if you have high blood pressure or heart problems/arrhythmia's they can cause cardiac arrest. They also have a ton of bad filler chemicals and there is no law that regulates as to what can or can not be put in them. Seriously, you can do a lot more harm than good.
  • MikeDasTrainer
    Options
    you forgot to mind your surroundings
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You're better off on the meth diet.

It makes your teeth lose weight too!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I myself have tried Adipex and Bontril (Spelling?) and I didn't find much success. My eating is more out of habit so I had to learn that I needed to deal with that myself. BUT, they did help my fill full faster. I could eat a quarter of what I would typically have ate and felt full. So I do feel like my short use (maybe a couple of months on and off) did help me with better portion control. But still, I needed to learn that self control myself. I've had friends on them who have lost weight while eating the worst junk possible. But for myself, it wasn't about losing weight while eating Little Debbies. I wanted to make life changes and I didn't need, nor want, the pills for that. I've been more successful on my own.

I don't know about long term affects because I never used them long term. But I do know that after a while of taking them, they weren't effective and I'm typically so nervous about medicines like that so I was shocked I even agreed to it. So coming from someone who has actually used them, I'd say no. I'd say learn what habits you have and work on alternative ways to change them.

I have been pretty hardcore about taking my vitamins, including a great B complex. If I eat properly along with the vitamins, I do well as far as energy levels go. The meds never made me jittery. If I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before, they just gave me energy. But I can get the same affect with a cup of coffee.

Good luck!
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Nothing over the counter will work.

I've used banned stuff such as Ephedrine and that works ok but like all things if you take it all the while the effects vanish as your body adjusts to it.

Better off cutting cals and eating decent foods you can enjoy and working out.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My weight loss stopped about 3 weeks ago no matter what I do. Just looking for an alternative.

Three weeks is not enough time to a) try everything and b) give it time to work.

Three weeks with no weight change is not unusual.

Keep in mind, any change you make, you need to wait a month with no weight change before you decide it's not doing anything for you.

Quick suggestions that you may already have gotten:

- Make sure you are accurately weighing and logging your food <-- biggest one :)
    - Don't use MFP to estimate your calorie burn for exercise (it's notoriously overestimated)
    - Make sure you're eating correctly to fuel your workouts, or your intensity will drop and so will your burn
    - Recalculate your TDEE if you've lost 10 lbs since the first time you calculated it
    - Have you started a new exercise or upped your intensity on an old one? You may retain water from that and need to wait it out.
    - Are you eating a lot of sodium? You may be retaining water from this, too.

If all of the above check out, give it another week then try dropping your calories or upping/changing your exercise. Then wait another month. If the scale still doesn't move, I'd be seeing my doctor for blood work and thyroid tests to see if there's something medical going on.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There are NO MAGIC PILLS. Just hard work.

Don't even THINK about taking them.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You're better off on the meth diet.

It makes your teeth lose weight too!

Love it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My weight loss stopped about 3 weeks ago no matter what I do. Just looking for an alternative.

Re-evaluate your calorie intake and workout routine to break a plateau, don't look at unhealthy options like diet pills.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1UpEEjk.png
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I actually am not against fat burner pills. I've never taken any but my friends have and they got great results. I would recommend a prescription pill and under supervision from a doctor- that's what they did- and they worked out HARD and ATE HEALTHY. If you're just taking them, and not planning on working out/eating right... then Yup waste of time and money! But if this is short term and you're dedicated to working out/eating healthy... why not?
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxycut for like 3 weeks & I don't think they helped. I didn't even get an energy boost! I lost a mild 8lbs that month, but I've been following a 1200 calorie diet & exercising 3X a week. If you have to lose a significant amount, I suggest going to your dr & getting a prescription.

About 5 years ago, I did the Alli diet with the pills & dropped 80lbs in like 4 months. Now those pills work! I lose my gallbladder in 2011 & have always wondered if it was due to taking those pills since they block the absorption of fat...

Anyways, diet pills don't work. Waste of $$$. Use that $$$ to see a dietician or a dr & get a prescription. Good luck!