Omelette

Options
zv1981
zv1981 Posts: 5 Member
Does anybody have a recipe for a low fat omelette please.

Replies

• mandalynns1
    mandalynns1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You could try using just egg whites instead of the whole egg, and low fat cheese. Green peppers, onions and even a little salsa.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I second the salsa!!! I love topping egg whites with it.

Possibilities are endless...also mushrooms!

If you want something really filling but low cal, try the egg whites with small bits of grilled chicken breast, onions and mushrooms topped with the salsa.

Edited: for typos
  • PersianFlower
    PersianFlower Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One of my favs is a Mushroom, Tomato Scramble (but you can make it an omelet). I do use olive oil to sautee minced onion then chopped mushrooms (substitute the oil to cut down on the fat). After they have cooked down I add canned diced tomatoes (completely drained!). I let it cook down to almost a paste before mixing in beaten eggs with spices (salt, pepper and turmeric) and scrambling them. We eat them with flat bread and feta cheese.

I normally make a whole patch for a family meal, using roughly 2 eggs per adult, 1 egg a child.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where's the fat coming from?

Is it the eggs- that's good stuff that you don't need to reduce.

Is itt the oil that you're frying the omelette in? You could try reducing the quantity of that.

I make a sort of omelette with eggs in a shallow bowl in the microwave- no oil at all. but it depends how fussy or traditional you are about your omelette.
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I make an omelette with scallions, carrots, mushrooms, and parsley. Sometimes I'll add broccoli too. I start it all with just enough butter so it doesn't all stick.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    egg whites, with spinach, turkey bacon and garlic :) so yummy
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I seem to be getting away with Frylight rather than using oil or butter. Can't beat lots of pepper, seasoning and cheese inside though lol. I do use Kerry low low cheese so its something like a third of the fat of regular cheese.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    One of the ones that I have been making a lot lately has 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, parmasan cheese, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and reduced sodium deli ham.
  • murrayhambrick
    Options
    White Egg omelet with NM Green Chili's cooked with Coconut oil topped with Salsa. Sometimes I substitute or add low fat cheese, mushrooms, etc. Yummy
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I gave up on omelettes and now I just scramble my eggs. Just a little butter-flavored Pam in the skillet, saute the pepper & onions, then add in the beaten egg. I add about 1/2 TBS of water, salt & pepper to taste, and usually a little basil to the beaten egg. Add the cheese when the egg is almost cooked.

Ingredients Calories Protein Carbs Fat
    Generic Large - Egg, 50 g 70 6 1 5
    Vegetable - Red Onion - Chopped, 3 tsp 14 3 35 0
    Generic - Sweet Peppers 8 0 2 0
    Red, Orange, and Yellow - Raw, 0.33 cup slices
    Great Value - Finely Shredded
    Parmesan Cheese, 0.25 cup 60 8 2 5

Total: 152 17 40 10