Insanity

Options
I just bought the insanity dvds for myself!! So excited to start working out with Shawn T. again. Lets just hope I can keep the motivation! If you have any tips for motivating/keeping it in your schedule please let me know!

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Just keep doing it everyday and think about the free t-shirt!!! =)

I just got my shirt yesterday and I put it on ASAP lol

It's an AMAZING feeling to wear it!!!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Cina04- You will have to let me know what you think of Brazilian Butt Lift! I'm thinking about that or 30 day shred for after insanity.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    im 1 week in!!! my friend and i are doing it together and we schedule times everyday to do it for 2 weeks in advance so we have a "date" to do it and so far, we havent missed it yet, its only day 5 but i feel like ive been run over by a train, and i love it hahaha

GOOD LUCK!! AND DIG DEEPER =p
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Cina04- You will have to let me know what you think of Brazilian Butt Lift! I'm thinking about that or 30 day shred for after insanity.

Don't bother with Shred after Insanity! I'm two weeks into Insanity and did Shred months ago. They aren't even close to the same intensity. Shred is perfect if you are starting out from zero but WHEN you get all the way through Insanity Shred will seem like a waste. There is a new Jillian DVD "Shred it w/ weights" it looks way harder.

As far as motivation, like Cina says, think about the t-shirt and do it every day. Even if you think you can't do it, or can't keep up, just finish! That's what I tell myself when I want to die!
  • Cina04
    Options
    I haven't done the Shred but I agree about that after you do Insanity you want something challenging

(that's why I'm doing two workout programs now lol)

After I do Insanity, I feel like I just came back from the gym! LOL
  • luvz2bfitMOM
    Options
    INSANITY is definitly INTENSE! i am on the end of week 4 now, and let me tell ya, my endurance levels are up the ROOF!!! my heart rate has gone down DUE to its intensity so i have to push even harder to loose the same amount of cals because my body is strting to adjust (was on and off for 2 months of insanity before i really stuck through it this time around and nothing is stopping now!!!) so yes anything less than intense after this program is a waste! this workout program is AWESOME!!!! and siNCE you have little left to loose, you will finsih your weightloss with a BANG!!!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    One issue that I've had in the past is when I workout a lot in the gym eventually it becomes a chore and if you ever stop doing the gym you seem to gain it all back and then some. You gotta use it or it turns to flab it seems. Okay, so I picked something I didn't get bored with that I can keep doing forever foreseeable.

Do you guys have to do Insanity forever? Obviously, once you have success with it, then it's great. But is it an exercise you feel you'll do for life?
  • Cina04
    Options
    One issue that I've had in the past is when I workout a lot in the gym eventually it becomes a chore and if you ever stop doing the gym you seem to gain it all back and then some. You gotta use it or it turns to flab it seems. Okay, so I picked something I didn't get bored with that I can keep doing forever foreseeable.

Do you guys have to do Insanity forever? Obviously, once you have success with it, then it's great. But is it an exercise you feel you'll do for life?

Shaun T is coming out w/ Insanity 2 next year. Beach body will always come out with newer and more intense workouts for us to do! Many people do more than one round..some chose to do it back to back while others take a month off to do other types of workouts to give the body a bit of a rest and for the body to not get use to the routine.