Any lucid dreamers here?

Options
theseus82
theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
If you are a lucid dreamer, be honest: don't you mostly use it for sex?

I always find it amusing that articles on how to become a lucid dreamer always tip-toe around the sex dream issue. It's always "go for a walk on the beach" or "visit Europe." Never does an article say, "do that girl or guy you've got that crush on. . ."

Replies

• terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i am a lucid dreamer and have been every since i can remember. Never read about how to become one, however, i have tried to learn how to stop them as most of them ( besides the sex ones ) are extremely bothersome; even disturbing to me.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The worst is when I realize I'm dreaming, and then think, "don't think of ZOMBIES. . . oh ****!"

Or when I realize I'm dreaming and think "Don't think of It or Pennywise the Clown. Oh ****!"

Those make for very disturbing dreams. And knowing that they're dreams doesn't help at all. I hate the Pennywise dreams. Getting eaten by zombies and not waking up sucks almost as bad, but not quite!

T5plASo.jpg
    This is not someone you want to dream about. . .
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i had one lucid dream once. it was very brief, and it was the awesomest dream i ever had. i was flying.

my mother was a lucid dreamer as a child/teenager: she used to put herself into her own personal episodes of Bonanza! :ohwell:
  • griffith5150
    Options
    I am a lucid dreamer and have to agree I hate having more the disturbing dreams the ones I hate the most are the ones where you are in car and it goes over a cliff. I can actually feel myself falling... ugh bothers me a lot.

I like the ones where I feel like I am watching a story take place... I part of it but also I am seeing it... weird
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I usually go with whatever I was dreaming about before I "woke up". I started being serious about lucid dreaming after A Nightmare on Elm Street came out in 1984. No f***ing way was I going to get caught and murdered in my sleep by some psycho child rapist.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a lucid dreamer. Crazy, cool sometimes but it makes for a tired day afterwards! lol
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im a lucid dreamer. Sometimes I think its neat b/c I dont know anyone else who is, but most of the time my dreams are 'bad' dreams and those pretty much suck
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I love to dream and then remember it especially if it was saucy :wink:
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm a lucid dreamer, most of the time it's awful, but you're right there are times when I get to live out fantasies I'd never get to do in real life.

It seems like I can do whatever I want in my dreams except wake up, it drives me crazy. Especially when horrible things keep happening. The worst ones are the dreams that involve my kids, as soon as I think don't let anything horrible happen to them the worst thing imaginable does immediately.
  • gaiagal3
    gaiagal3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are both lucid dreamers but mine are more disturbing and I "feel" a lot of them. On the plus side saucy ones are indeed saucy ;)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am a lucid dreamer. It usually involves running or flying, and I wake up exhausted.
    The usual way I dream is that it starts off with a certain storyline that I haven't controlled, then I dream about 5 different endings to it, and if one of the kids disturbs me, when I get back in bed, I'm kind of "now, where was I up to?" And start the dream again from that point. A bit like a video tape.
    Its rarely about sex tbh, never thought about that. Must be too tired! :laugh:
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    I have always been a lucid dreamer and up until about 4 years ago I thought everyone was too! I dream this way about everything and always love the more naughty dreams. I've never actually had a lucid dream that was bad, I can't imagine how that would be!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I have lucid dreams, they are violent and disturbing, and the majority of the time those dreams are scenarios that could happen in real life, not some strange dream trip stuff. I would get rid of the lucid dreaming in a heartbeat if I could.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I had to check up on what exactly lucid dreaming was and it turns out it's the only way I've ever dreamed.

I think I may be strange in that over my lifetime I can only recall one time having a sexual dream.