Options
Hello MFP community,
I've decided to get serious about my weight loss journey by documenting and staying on track. I know it's going to be one hell of a year, there are going to be times I feel like giving up. I'm a nice, mostly positive person so feel free to add me no matter your weight loss goal.

Here's my story:

I've been overweight my entire life, when i was in my early teens I was obese and I maintained about the same weight of 190 throughout school, I ended high school weighing about 205lbs, and after that is when the weight came piling on, I became really depressed and hated my body and hated my self for not losing weight and getting on track when i was below 200 pounds. However I feel I can't feel sorry for myself anymore; I need to change it instead of whining about it. So that's what I'm going to do.

I have a Mountain to climb, a really big complicated one but I'm WILLING to push through it I've lost 7 pounds, it may be small but those pounds add up. I've decided my weigh in days will be Mondays, so I will be weighing in this Monday to see if I've e lost any this week.

I would love to connect with people like me who want to get on track and be who they are meant to be which is a Healthy, Confident glowing person. We may have a long journey but when we reach that goal it will only make it sweeter .

Join me in my weight loss journey!! :)

Have a great evening!!

-Britany

Replies

• need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello I am pretty new here myself and have more than 100 to lose. Feel free to friend me, its nice to have friends who can relate to the challenge ahead. -Rob
  • BritanyFitness
    BritanyFitness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support rob :)
    Would love to add you:)

- Britany
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have much to lose also, feel free to add me everyone
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started out with 113lbs to lose. I have lost 15 so far. feel free to add me.
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    im 20 as well:) feel free to add!
  • BritanyFitness
    Options
    I'll be rooting for you!! Stay postive! :)
  • BritanyFitness
    Options
    I started out with 113lbs to lose. I have lost 15 so far. feel free to add me.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in my late 20s 5'2 and trying to lose 150lbs
    I know how hard it's going to be for both of us!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Already friended you. You can so do this!
  • BritanyFitness
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in my late 20s 5'2 and trying to lose 150lbs
    I know how hard it's going to be for both of us!

It's going to be hard but we can do it!!! :)
  • savgar32
    savgar32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your story is similar to mine. I'm 20, 5'3 - I've lost 42 so far but I still have at least another 50-60 to go :c I'm kind of losing steam here but I still log my food + exercise everyday. The more friends the better :tongue:
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name's Jamie and I'm also 20 years old. I have been severely overweight my entire life. I kept making promises to myself and setting goals that I never completed. I even told my boyfriend that I wouldn't be interested in getting married until I lost my weight. I told him that hopefully it would help me to get on track. ...It didn't. Nothing worked. I finally decided that enough was enough. I am currently 16 days in and just had my second weigh-in. I've lost 9.5lbs total this past week. It's been an interesting journey, but I am so hopeful to be heading in the right direction. New friends are definitely welcome :) - feel free to add me!
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me, the more friends you've got the easier it is to stay focused! Good luck on your journey????
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to send me a request :)
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, im the same height as you and 200lbs, so have a long way to go.

Good luck.
  • atalikami
    Options
    You can do it! I was a similar age when I weighed 265lbs, and now I'm down to 172! The key is to focus on your goal whenever you get tempted to binge. Associate the pain of any negative experience you've had due to your weight, and then vividly imagine what your life would be like if you reached your goal!

Also, have a clear plan, and sort your meals in advance. Not knowing what you are going to have is dangerous territory, you could easily end up just having a pizza because you can't be bothered!

Good luck, you can do it! (and believe me when you start consistently losing weight the weeks fly by because you are always in a good mood!)
  • dianawall532
    Options
    I wish you well with your new journey to weight loss, you sound very positive and im sure you will reach your goal.
  • lookin2lose48
    Options
    I just joined, and yours is the first post i have read. Feel free to add me, as well as anyone else that has 100 lbs to lose or so:)
  • BritanyFitness
    Options
    Hello! My name's Jamie and I'm also 20 years old. I have been severely overweight my entire life. I kept making promises to myself and setting goals that I never completed. I even told my boyfriend that I wouldn't be interested in getting married until I lost my weight. I told him that hopefully it would help me to get on track. ...It didn't. Nothing worked. I finally decided that enough was enough. I am currently 16 days in and just had my second weigh-in. I've lost 9.5lbs total this past week. It's been an interesting journey, but I am so hopeful to be heading in the right direction. New friends are definitely welcome :) - feel free to add me!

I love your story, and I'm sure you'll be rocking a wedding dress in no time! :)
  • BritanyFitness
    Options
    You can do it! I was a similar age when I weighed 265lbs, and now I'm down to 172! The key is to focus on your goal whenever you get tempted to binge. Associate the pain of any negative experience you've had due to your weight, and then vividly imagine what your life would be like if you reached your goal!

Also, have a clear plan, and sort your meals in advance. Not knowing what you are going to have is dangerous territory, you could easily end up just having a pizza because you can't be bothered!

Good luck, you can do it! (and believe me when you start consistently losing weight the weeks fly by because you are always in a good mood!)

This makes me happy, thank you soo much for your motivational words! :)