Some days I undereat...

Options
I am a pescatarian. I don't really eat bread or fish too much even. Would could I do to add "more" to my diet? Nuts maybe?

This is what my diary looked like for today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/Jaystuddaz?from=2013-08-10&to=2013-08-10

I feel ok. I feel good even. I just worked out a little while ago and it is time for me to wind down. Is this ok? I'd hate to be all "I'm eating nuts for calories" and then proceed to stuff my face with cashews and what not. Veggies and fruits just don't really have a lot of calories and I am a little lost.

Using http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ with the following stats,

5'7 (67 inches)
28 y/o
180lbs (current)
165lbs (goal)
19.4% bf

It says I should be consuming

rb7z7Bt.png?1

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Maybe an additional meal? It seems like if you added one more of your regular meals (the ones without the shakeology), you'd bit in a bit of a better place? Or maybe you could have an additional serving of quinoa another time during the day?

I'm similar to you in that most days I am under and feel fine, but I would hate for you to be too under. Goodluck, I hope someone on here is more helpful to you.
  • JskC1893
    Options
    I feel bad no one is answering you, I feel like this is an awesome question. I hope someone has answers/ideas soon!!
  • Jaystuddaz
    Options
    I'd hate to go out to get pizza because I "have to!"
    :laugh:

I EAT PIZZA FOR THE CALORIES!
  • JskC1893
    Options
    I'd hate to go out to get pizza because I "have to!"
    :laugh:

I EAT PIZZA FOR THE CALORIES!

I'm impressed with what you eat though, Totally all looks great. I wish someone else would respond for you. I'm not expert, but maybe just some more quinoa (because its great for you anyway), and maybe an additional fruit/veggie meal. At least quinoa is giving you ample protein.

Honestly, I really feel like if you feel fine with what your eating then you probably are fine, but i'm sure 1 million people on here would disagree, and they could be 100% correct. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full, and that works for me. Hope you get an answer eventually. If not then maybe just repost tomorrow night, maybe more people will be on. Goodluck!!

Or I mean, you could just eat that pizza haha.
  • Jaystuddaz
    Options
    Thanks JSK! I guess tomorrow I will repost... I thought I'd get a few answers here as well. Thank you for your concern tho!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    No lunch?

Nuts, Avocado, Peanut Butter (2TBSP 190 calories), protein shake, eggs (maybe), cheese, cook veggies in olive oil
  • Jaystuddaz
    Options
    No lunch?

Nuts, Avocado, Peanut Butter (2TBSP 190 calories), protein shake, eggs (maybe), cheese, cook veggies in olive oil

I had one for my shakes for lunch, but I ended up listing it as snack. I think I have some protein shake. Good Idea. Will add it now!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Baked Tilapia and Salmon are really good sources of protein. Easy to fix and season them up like you like them. Add a salad or steamed veggies, with some avocados, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc.

Looks like you drink most of your calories. That would get old after awhile for me, but if its ok with you. Def need to up the proteins and healthy fats if you want to keep those muscles.
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be harsh, but I looked back through more than a week of your food diary and it looks like "some days I undereat" should really be "most or all days I undereat". You're way under your calorie goal every day that I saw. I realize that being a pescatarian limits your food choices, but if you continue this way you're going to lose a lot of LBM, and from your profile picture I assume that's not what you want. I noticed you occasionally use PB2, why not use regular peanut butter to help get the calories up? Also, I believe they make non-dairy yogurt (almond or coconut based). That might be a good snack to add. As another poster mentioned, use avocado and olive oil (healthy fats) to increase your caloric intake. Beyond that, maybe just bump up your portion sizes? Good luck to you in reaching your goals!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need more food. If you are comfortable with your portion sizes and your variety, then add another snack. Honestly I would add some variety to what you eat. Love me some avocados for sure.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    To put this into perspective, I am an almost 50 yr old female, 5'6", 185, partially disabled, so fairly sedentary, and you are eating around the same calorie level that I am. Just sayin...
  • Jaystuddaz
    Options
    I don't mean to be harsh, but I looked back through more than a week of your food diary and it looks like "some days I undereat" should really be "most or all days I undereat". You're way under your calorie goal every day that I saw. I realize that being a pescatarian limits your food choices, but if you continue this way you're going to lose a lot of LBM, and from your profile picture I assume that's not what you want. I noticed you occasionally use PB2, why not use regular peanut butter to help get the calories up? Also, I believe they make non-dairy yogurt (almond or coconut based). That might be a good snack to add. As another poster mentioned, use avocado and olive oil (healthy fats) to increase your caloric intake. Beyond that, maybe just bump up your portion sizes? Good luck to you in reaching your goals!

Not harsh at all. Sometimes I really feel like I I am forcing myself to eat. I will

-Look for almond/coconut based yogurt
    -Buy more avocados
    -Perhaps steam fry from veggies with olive oil/sunflower oil.

But yea, like I said, most of the team I just feel like I am good, but forcing myself to consume something. I guess the way to go is some calorie dense foods. Today I had no fish even tho I guess I could have made some. I love avocado. Just worried about how much good fat, is too much fat. I have some tahini in the fridge. I could give that a go as well.
  • Jaystuddaz
    Options
    After looking around, and finding IIFYM, I realize I was not only severely under eating, but also not getting enough nutrition. Thank you very much for opening my eyes.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For a calorie bump try chocolate protein powder, banana, 2 tblsp peanut butter, milk, blend and drink for a calorie count of 547.