42 lbs doesn't look like much...

Options

Replies

• jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    And some people are stupid. Like me.

I've had two friends lose about what you've lost lately, and it took me FINALLY seeing it (one gal had her back to me, and I took a double-take--her butt was way smaller!) to say something.

Not everybody sees it until WHAM! Wait a bit and I'm sure the comments will start coming and you'll be like, "Hey, I've been losing weight for WEEKS now, and you just noticed?" :)

But yes, big differences between the pics--you go, girl! Good for you! Keep on keepin' on!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    LOL! I am so like you. When I take a pic, and I'm closer up or farther away in the other one. I'm like, I weight less, but I look bigger. :laugh: I think you look great. I can see it in your arms and sides (love handles) :bigsmile:

P.s. Jealous of your camera!
  • bebby
    bebby Posts: 18
    Options
    My initial observation is that you take up way less 'doorway' space! I can totally see the weight loss in your shoulders and hips. Very very impressive. When I look in the mirror I don't see a single thing. The only way I know that I've lost is by trying on clothing. When I find myself fitting into a skirt that didn't fit me 4 months ago, then I know I've lost weight. The mind plays tricks on us.

Whatever you're doing, keep it up. You are on your way. Congratulations!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference!!! your neck, arms, sides..... GREAT JOB!!!!! =)
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Did you eat a bowl of crazy sauce this morning????!!!!??? You're totally Thinner!:bigsmile:
    you better watch out- we're going to have to put two of you in front of that door in order to cover it up soon!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    your elbows look much skinnier. I can see it. Hey, know something, the first place people noticed on me was my face

Why didnt you photograph your face for us, bet that would be a good indicator.......Good luck and next time, include your face, youre a great looking girl...........LLoyd
  • Jalah
    Jalah Posts: 14
    Options
    I think you can definitely see some changes!!! Keeping going, you are doing so GREAT! Congrats on all you've accomplished so far!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You're doing really well; you can definitely see the difference in your face and waist. Keep at it!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! The outpouring of support and encouragement is amazing! You guys are WONDERFUL! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of the kind words! You've really put me in a great mood and have me fired up to tackle the next 50 lbs ...and then the next ...and the next! heheh! :D

I really like the idea of taking photos in undies for my own personal viewing to see my progress. Thank you to those who suggested it! They will probably never see the light of day but it will be helpful for me to see the changes. :) And you're right, black probably isn't the best color to do the update photos in. I think I will start taking them in lighter colored clothes, maybe that will help show the changes.

Thanks again for all the words of motivation and encouragement! You guys are unbelievable sweet and supportive! You really make me proud to be a part of the MFP community!

*big hugs*
    ~Stacy
  • ppennington
    Options
    50 lbs is a huge accomplishment. Hooray for you. And yes, you do look much thinner. I can really see it in your arms. Keep going. It's only going to get better and better!
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    It is totally noticeable!! You are doing a GREAT job!

One way to see for yourself is start measuring your arms, legs, waist, hips. Only once or twice a month. You will see the difference for your self! (don't do it too much because it takes longer for it to show when you measure that way and you might get discouraged if you measure more often and don't see a change)

Keep up the good work!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Totally noticeable ... Arms, sides, neck ... you are getting there VERY motivating! Thank you for posting pictures.
  • lcolpo
    lcolpo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is an obvious difference to me. Your arms, neck, waist all look like you've been working really hard to achieve your final goal. Keep up the good job!
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well in the 2nd photo I can see more door and less of you!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You actually look like you've lost some inches around the waist/hip area. I bet you have lost some in your face as well! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Definitely notice a difference in your neck and forearms. WAY TO GO!! You're amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Definately noticable and GREAT job! Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal! Best of luck!
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree. Definitely noticeable. Keep it up!
  • shellybug
    Options
    I can see a difference in the photos, a big difference. Not only in your body but in your neck and chin. Congratulations! That's impressive! I hope I can do as well.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference, congrats!! You are doing great!! But, I do understand where you are coming from. I feel like there is a big difference in the way that I look after losing 32 pounds, but very rarely do I have anyone say anything. It is nice to hear, which is why I make a big deal when someone else noticeably loses weight (you, for example) You are doing great and there is a definite difference!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!