323lbs to 1st Spartan race in 2.5 yrs!

Options
1235»

Replies

• tahgo2014
    tahgo2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I am amazed that you did your first race at 240 lbs. What a fighter!

Congrats on your progress!
  • zoe534
    zoe534 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the pictures, they were great to see. You're amazing and you look so strong, you must feel pretty powerful to do all you did and on your birthday too, congratulations on all your hard work it definately paid off.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Love the guns!!
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    What an amazing story - I was cheering you on all the way! You should be so proud of all your accomplishments! What a huge inspiration you are!! Great job lady!!
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    Congratulations! I signed up to do a survivor mud run in October, This will be my first :)
  • eekasmouse
    Options
    Very inspirational, thank you! Congratulations on your great successes, losing weight, and doing the Spartan challenge!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    An extremely well written story. I found myself cheering you on with each new event and challenge you described. What an amazing accomplishment you've achieved for yourself. You look fantastic, well done!

Thanks for sharing your success, best of luck in October!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. How'd you get so buff?

Thanks! To answer you question, lots and lots of hard work! I've lost weight a million times over my lifetime and always did it the same way...counting calories and doing lots of cardio. I said what most people usually say, once I get to my goal weight I'll start weight lifting. Well because I have always gained back whatever I lost, plus more, I wanted and needed to do something different this time. So my hubby and I bit the HUGE financial bullet and hired our 1st personal trainer in February 2011. Just one session was all it took to bring out my passion for lifting...so I've been doing it ever since. Along with cardio every day (when I'm not injured), I train three times a week. It has been the best decision of my life and worth every single penny! Even when my hubby was laid off for over a year we still kept it up, cutting every extra out of our lives to do it. In these almost three years my hubby and I have lost a total of over 260lbs! I tell everyone now, don't wait to do lifting...start now! Why? Well last time I was this weight I was 15 years old and a size 16...I wear a 10/12 now...
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You are so inspirational, I started out at 345 and am now down to 240! I definitely have goals and dreams of doing the spartan race and tough mudder next year and then in 2015! You have definitely shown me that anything is possible you just gotta put your mind to it! Keep on rocking it girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!