Trying something new

Options
I am hoping that if I get myself more involved with this site, that I will use the awesome tools that are available here and help hold myself more accountable. I joined sometime ago but just recently really started trying to use it regularly. I have come a long way but still have a long path ahead of me and I refuse to let myself believe that I will stay this way forever, I take it minute by minute some days...

My children are what drives me and I so desperately want to be able to do things with them that I should, like get on a roller coaster ride an not worry if the seatbelt will fit etc... go on a float trip and not have to balance out the canoe... ride my bike with my daughter and actually keep up with her! :blushing:

I can't seem to find people within my circle of friends that "want" to work out, walk etc and finding the discipline to do it alone is sometimes hard, so just maybe through here I won't feel so alone!!! :glasses:

Nicole

Replies

• nchandler22
    Options
    I am hoping that if I get myself more involved with this site, that I will use the awesome tools that are available here and help hold myself more accountable. I joined sometime ago but just recently really started trying to use it regularly. I have come a long way but still have a long path ahead of me and I refuse to let myself believe that I will stay this way forever, I take it minute by minute some days...

My children are what drives me and I so desperately want to be able to do things with them that I should, like get on a roller coaster ride an not worry if the seatbelt will fit etc... go on a float trip and not have to balance out the canoe... ride my bike with my daughter and actually keep up with her! :blushing:

I can't seem to find people within my circle of friends that "want" to work out, walk etc and finding the discipline to do it alone is sometimes hard, so just maybe through here I won't feel so alone!!! :glasses:

Nicole
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The boards are a great help. I know people around me don't want to discuss every detail of exercise, food etc but here, that's why we are all here. We all learn together and support each other.

Good luck and maybe you can develop some relationship with work out buddies in your area.
  • nchandler22
    Options
    I'm definitely hoping so!! I think maybe even the challenge of watching others succeed and wanting to succeed with them will help!!

Thanks!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You definitely won't be alone here! I doubt you'll ever find a group of more supportive, great people than on this site! You're doing great, keep up all the good work!
    I love your dog pics! CUTE! :smile:
  • nchandler22
    Options
    Thanks, my kids say they got those for me so that when they leave home I won't be alone!!! I absolutely love them
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You must be doing something right to have lost over 60 pounds already! Keep up the hard work - it will be worth it soon!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    63 pounds is a great start you can do it!!!!

oh and welcome - :flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    63 pounds is a great start you can do it!!!!

oh and welcome - :flowerforyou:
  • nchandler22
    Options
    Yes it is an accomplishment, but its taken me a year and a half, I get discouraged, frustrated, disappointed and disgusted.... some days are just so much harder then others... but I refuse to give up