50 lbs lost

Options
Amadbro
Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
In the best shape of my life. I'm in better shape now then when I left basic. I owe alot of my success to MFP. I started at 221 lbs 28% BF currently 164 lbs 13% BF. Looking for that last 3% then starting a clean bulk this winter with the hopes of getting on stage next year after my 2nd cut. These pics are from when I started, Feb 15, 2013 to current.

mefat1_zps57126036.jpg

DSCN0460_zpsc37a7605.jpg

DSCN0459_zps96ac5fa8.jpg

backshot-20130803-221820_11_zps9d4ba9de.jpg

bf165_zps9a64a9a8.jpg

IMAG0516_1_1_zps37f484c1.jpg

Replies

• karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look really good :smile:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! Congrats on your success!!
  • Amadbro
    Options
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You look great! I am very proud of you.
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    High Five - very well done. You should be be VERY VERY VERY proud of yourself. What a transformation. Thanks for sharing your pictures / story. Congrats
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was overweight for quite some time. I think the big breakthrough I had was when me and my fiance were at Walmart waiting on her prescription. While waiting we took out blood pressure and I was in the hypertension stage at age 29. A good friend of mine who was also 29 had just passed from a heart attack and it really woke me up.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    wow!! What an amazing transformation!! How long did it take you?
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Thanks..I started Feb 15, 2013 so roughly 6 months
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    6 months?! Wow! That's incredible!!! Well done!
  • kaioken92
    Options
    Great job!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fab. What a great inspiration :smile:
  • agricola404
    Options
    Hi,

This is my first forum post but your pics inspired me to post.

I was 218lbs at the start of March 2013 and I am now 176lbs, could I ask what exercise you have been doing to get your results as it's really impressive. I initially cut to 1200 calories a day (too low I know) and upped it to 1500, I currently do 1700. Any advice on exercise and food?

thanks
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    And you did it in 6 months!!! Amazing work :drinker:
  • henry_22
    henry_22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratz, how tall are you. Im 6ft 4 and weigh in at 214lb and trying to decide upon a good weight to reach.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, way to go, you look awesome.
  • Amadbro
    Options
    @Busta1: I followed the Lean Gains approach to diet and nutrition. It's basically calorie/carb cycling with rest days being lower cals, higher fat, low carb. Strength days were high carb (around 317G), lower fat (usually under 70G) and protein remained the same throughout according to my lean body mass at the time. I worked a 3 day split with strength training Mon/Wed/Fri. Tues/Thurs were used for HIIT cardio (about 20-25 min) and sat/sun were rest days with the occational HIIT session thrown in on Sunday.

Monday- Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday-Rest or HIIT
    Wednesday-Back/Biceps
    Thursday-Rest or HIIT
    Friday-Shoulders/Legs/Abs
    Saturday-Rest
    Sunday-Rest or HIIT

http://www.leangains.com/
    By Martin Berham

I'm starting UD2.0 by Lyle Mcdonald tomorrow so I'm excited about that and a 2 day carb up of over 890G of carbs :D

Henry22, Im 5'9 for someone your height I'd say 175-180 would be pretty sufficient. That's just an educated guess. The best thing to do would be to calculate your LBM and find out what 10% added to that would be. That's what you would aim for if you wanted to be around 10% BF.

I have to say I owe all of my success to Lean Gains/Intermittent fasting combined with the tracking of MFP. I love this approach because I love to eat so basically eating 2-3 huge 1700 cal meals (in one sitting) worked wonders for me. And yes Busta 1200 cals is really really low. You can do it but you need a "refeed" at the end of the week of a caloric surplus to make up for the deficit, otherwise you won't lose anything because your body will be hanging onto fat stores for dear life.

One thing I've learned is that you ARE NOT going to outsmart an organism designed to reign supreme for thousands of years. But you can damn sure keep it guessing. I think that's what it's all about and is a king strategy in defeating plateaus, always keeping your body guessing, rather it be switching up the way you do cardio/strength training or cycling macros/calories in a diet. I hit 5 plateaus nearly at the end of every month there was a brick wall. I would stop, reevaluate my diet/exercise and switch it up. Before you knew it I was killing plateau after plateau.
  • agricola404
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed reply,my height is also 5'9" , i would say we have the same body type. I am going to look into the methods you have mentioned , i joined a gym today so that will help me build muscle and get a better workout.

thanks for the advice and inspiration, really well done.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    OMG! complete transformation! Great job! U are now HAWT!:drinker:
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    OMG! There are no words other than .. amazing! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!