Advice on how to fit exercise into a crazy schedule?

Options
2»

Replies

• mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If your building at work has stairs climb them on your lunch break. I've even resorted to doing jumping jacks in my cubicle some days. I don't care if my coworkers think I'm crazy. Crazy trumps 70lbs overweight. You can find workout routines that can be done at your office desk online. Try a google search or YouTube.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Since you don't even seem to have time to eat I'd say exercise should not be your prime concern.

Eating is within that schedule. I didn't feel it was necessary to list the 6 mini- meals I consume a day. Not sure what my prime concern should be in your point of view.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Since that schedule doesn't even allow for a full night of sleep, I really don't know how you are doing it. I would not function well at all. I am a middle school teacher, mother of 3 and finishing a Master's, a Girl Scout Leader, and my schedule isn't as ruthless as yours. I don't know what to tell you, but I hope you figure out a good way to take care of yourself with all that going on.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Workout on the weekends and try to increase your NEAT during the day- take stairs, park far, get up and move around regularly, those kind of things. Keep a tight control on your diet....with limited exercise, diet is absolutely critical.
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Home videos would be the best option for you ..the zumba one is high energy and will get your right out of that funk...Good Luck and try to give it your best you will be happy you did
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Maybe wake up an extra 30 mins early in the morning and workout and then do 30 mins before bed? Or try and split it up into 15 min workouts during the week.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Next week I start 2 science classes at community college on top of my full time job. I'm just wondering if any of you have tips on how to fit at least 5 days a week 1 hour a day workouts into truly crazy schedules, especially I am very low on energy due to depression so when I come home all I can think of is sleeping. Here is how my schedule looks:

5am wake up
    5-6am Get ready for the day
    6-7am Drive to work
    7-4pm Work-- There are no safe places to walk during lunch, it is very industrial around the area.
    4-5pm Drive to school
    5-10pm Class

Of course I can fit a routine Friday afternoon and Saturday and Sunday. I would appreciate any advice on how to fit in a routine into at least 2, preferably 3 of those other packed days. Thanks!

Do you go home after class?
  • drc79
    drc79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I start my day off getting up at 3:30am to do a 60min cardio and 20 min stretches.. I do it cause it gets me going in the morning with you even getting up 1/2 earlier and then do 1/2 hour at lunch running stairwells or just simple walking the building ,this way you get a second boost for the day.. I also do a lunchtime walk around my building ,so I get a second boost, and this also inspires other people in the office. I sure hope this helps you for your busy schuedule, sometimes we got to do what is best for us...Good luck!!!:smile:
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips everyone.