Mexican food

Options
jhloves2knit
jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
I have tortillas, salsa, shredded cheese, and meat. I need good lunch recipes using these ingredients, please?

Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I second that.
    I love Mexican Food but need some good lunch Recipes.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Here are a couple of recipes that look delicious. The blogger used buffalo and pico de gallo but you can easily swap those out with what you have on hand. I've never tried this but it sure does look delicious. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/skinny-buffalo-burger-quesadilla.html

how-to-make-a-quesadilla-burger.jpg

Or you can also make enchiladas. I've made these before and they are really good. Save the salsa for on top with a little Greek Yogurt. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/turkey-and-black-bean-enchiladas.html

turkey-and-black-bean-enchiladas3.jpg
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Get some lean ground beef and taco seasoning. Measure out a portion of it, put on top of shredded lettuce, add cheese, salsa, whatever. You can freeze the ground beef too and use it later.
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have black beans, Pico de Gallo that I make myself with tomatoes, onions, chili, long green onions, cilantro, dressing lime juice. Then I mix it with quinoa, I feel like I am eating mexican food and if I have some shrimp I throw that in there too.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have tortillas, salsa, shredded cheese, and meat. I need good lunch recipes using these ingredients, please?

I think that IS a good lunch recipe. :wink:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    WELL
    a BIG change there hun---drop the tortilla's. I have a low carb/low calorie substitute. At Walmart in their deli department--they carry JOSEPHS FLAX AND OAT BRAN LAVASH BREAD. They look just like tortillas...ANYWAY The large rectangle ones I cut up for sandwiches or salads on the go and the round ones I use as tortillas and NO ONE knows the difference. I even cut the large ones into lasagna noodles and used them in lasagna and did not tell anyone and THEY ATE THE WHOLE THING. NOt one whimper. You will love these things--I even cut the big ones into bite size squares, toast them in the oven on both sides with olive oil and lite salt and THOSE are my movie snack. One large sheet is 100 cals and one tortilla is 60 cals of FIBER
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    JOSEPHS FLAX AND OAT BRAN LAVASH BREAD. They look just like tortillas... I even cut the large ones into lasagna noodles and used them in lasagna and did not tell anyone and THEY ATE THE WHOLE THING. NOt one whimper. You will love these things--I even cut the big ones into bite size squares, toast them in the oven on both sides with olive oil and lite salt and THOSE are my movie snack. One large sheet is 100 cals and one tortilla is 60 cals of FIBER

These really sound interesting ....... just added them to my shopping list ....... thanks for sharing :drinker: