foods to rev up ur metabolism?

Options
Hey guys... Just wondering if anyone knows any specific foods that will help rev up my metabolism since having 3 pregnancies in 3 years? Thanks :-)

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Exercise and Protein.
  • jennynesbitt728
    Options
    Yeah... I know that.... I was looking more specific food ideas. I'm stuck with the same foods.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    No specific food will "rev up" your metabolism.
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    Chilli will speed your metabolism, as will fresh parsley.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    What nomeejerome above me said. There's no food that will magically rev up your metabolism.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Muscle revs your metabolism
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Is coffee a food?
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    What nomeejerome above me said. There's no food that will magically rev up your metabolism.

It's actually pretty well documented that certain foods do speed your metabolism. Science.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

It's actually pretty well documented that certain foods do speed your metabolism. Science.

Got links to such documents?
  • scottaworley
    Options

Any metabolic advantage you get from eating a certain food is temporary and should not be relied on long term to boost metabolism. Muscle boosts your metabolism.
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Green Tea! Here's an article you might like....

http://sjkhan.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-a-Flat-Tummy
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pure Cane Sugar
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options

It's actually pretty well documented that certain foods do speed your metabolism. BroScience.

Fixed it for you.
  • scottaworley
    Options
    Green Tea! Here's an article you might like....

http://sjkhan.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-a-Flat-Tummy

Here's an article you might like:

How to get a Flat Tummy:
    Eat at a caloric deficit.
    Repeat until desired results are obtained.
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eating constantly will rev up your metabolism. The downside is you might be filling up your calories too fast. I ate spinach with balsamic vinaigrette multiple times a day and I believe it sped up my metabolism. Super low calories so it was easy to fit!

I think it thinned out my blood though, felt light headed if I ate too much lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Care to divulge this 'science'?
  • greycee67
    greycee67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Here is a good article about this...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/rev-up-your-metabolism
  • scottaworley
    Options
    Eating constantly will rev up your metabolism. The downside is you might be filling up your calories too fast. I ate spinach with balsamic vinaigrette multiple times a day and I believe it sped up my metabolism. Super low calories so it was easy to fit!

So much broscience.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

Also not true. Link to guys below who eat only once or twice a day. They just eat larger meals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdwdWnTRlQ
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just trying to give her help , you dont have to be an *kitten*. And the article actually has some good tips in it ..