I'm 4"11

Options
Im 4"11 and i weigh 9stone which brings my bmi to being overweight.
I'm looking to lose a tiny bit of weight however I am a bit confused about how many calories an adult can eat-I am 21.
If I'm short does that mean I can not consume the recommended calorie daily intake of 2000?
As I have read in order to lose weight 1200 is the best option but after I have the lost the weight will this be the intake I shall have to remain on?
Thanks

Replies

• r_balogh
    r_balogh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Plug you information in and let MFP do the math for you. No you don't have to eat 1200 calories to lose weight or maintain it. Adding exercise also increases the amount of calories you can consume and lose weight or maintain it.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, I wouldn't suggest trying to lose much more than 1/2 pound a week, which means you need to have a daily calorie deficit of 250 calories. I don't know what activity level you have. Do you work out? Do you have a physically demanding job with lots of movement? Some of these will play big parts in determining how many calories you should eat. However, using what you gave, I plugged your numbers into the calorie calculator at Scooby's workshop. Assuming you have a completely sedentary job and lifestyle, your daily calorie requirement to maintain weight is 1749 calories. Which means you should be eating at least 1500 calories a day.

However, I just plugged your numbers into the BMI calculator. Yes you are overweight by BMI standards. By a grand total of 2 pounds. 9 stone -==> 126 pounds is a BMI of 25.4. At 124 pounds you have a BMI of 25. So really, you don't need to do very much at all. 2 pounds is so little. It doesn't hurt to get it down a bit, but you are so borderline to a "healthy" BMI (even though I loathe the BMI instrument), I wouldn't stress much at all. Once you get your weight down to where you want it to be (which isn't far), you will probably be able to eat somewhere in the 1700-1750 calorie range to maintain. At 124, you'd be at a TDEE of 1734, or 15 calories fewer.

You certainly have no need whatsoever to be at 1200 calories. Not even close.
  • WxLLe
    WxLLe Posts: 11
    Options
    The 1200 diet is not the best option and is actually quite dangerous because it strips Vitamins from your body. A diet plan that you should try that is fairly new is called Smack Fat. You are guaranteed to lose weight in 30 days with their new 30 day challenge. There is video proof and everything on the site as well. If you're interested you should check it out. Their site is here http://goo.gl/y4bN55