Eating too little?

Options
It being the first weekend of being on this calorie monitoring I might be possibly going a bit overboard in NOT eating too much on my days off work. I'm at 477 calories for the day so far and I've got about 200 calories burned for the day in exercise. My usual diet meal for dinner in a few hours is going to run me at about 550 total for the day. I read in other places its unsafe to eat less than 1200 calories in a day for women. Should I bring on the food to bring it up to 1200 calories for today? In healthy options of course.

Replies

• John8188
    Options
    Try to do what brings u close, but if u are off by 100 its not too bad. But try
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes. Maybe eat a small snack an hour or so before bed.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your net calorie intake should DEFINITELY be more than 350, especially for your size. Eat some peanut butter or something!
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes it is important to at least eat the 1200 calories a day. Your body needs this too keep your energy going so you can have continued success and energy for a weight loss program.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Eat what calories they say are very close to it. The exercise pts you can have as a snack inbetween if you get hungry....Are else nothing... Up to you... Good Luck.. If you dont eat enough your body will shut down and you want lose... It tryes to hold on to the fat in your body since you arent eating enough.
  • Chrystiner
    Options
    About 3 years ago i lost 80lbs i 1 year (yes i gained a lot back when i started my new job that consisted of overnight shifts). I started my diet out eating 600-1000 calories a day, i found it actually jump started my weight loss. (not the healthiest, but its how a lot of people start, training your body you dont need, 3000-4000 calories or more that we had unintentionally been training our bodies we needed to eat for so long) remember never to go negative (the ratio of calories you eat to the calories you burn), but one or two days out of the week eating that low isnt going to kill you.
    Of course every individual and doctor or nurse will tell you to stay within a healthy normal calorie range, but as healthy as this is, if your looking to lose weight slightly faster than the normal individual who should lose 1-2lbs a week, then your on the right track to loosing slightly more per week. i'd love for us to be buddies on here, we both look like we have a lot of weight to lose! good luck!
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that we don't go below 1200 calories in one day. Some days getting close is great but you have quite a small amount of calories.In my journey so far, I had a great period where I stopped losing. I believe I was eating just under 1200 and it was just a tad too little and all the my effort wasn't showing a loss (combined with exercise, of course). I know that so many people will tell you to eat back your exercise calories and I just can't. I don't know what else I could eat in a day after I get to about 1200 calories that would make me still lose and keep eating. I recommend you listen to your body - it can be your guide! :) Best of luck to you in this lifestyle change. :)