Focus T25 Starting Today

Options

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Bump! I just got this and am going to try it once I'm done with the program I'm on now! Can't wait to see the progress!
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Focus T25 is great. I'm an Insanity graduate as well, and Focus T25 is just a bit more...well, focused! Shorter time so you feel like you're being more efficient, as long as you give it your best each and every day.

Today is my last day of Alpha, and Beta starts on Monday.

So far I'm down from 188 lbs, at 177 lbs currently. Eat clean and let Shaun T. be your guide!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Did my first WO this morning and loved it. Kicked my butt and looking forward to tomorrow.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday =) Super excited-- keep up the good work =)
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have made some of my food for the week. I made the quinoa (a little underdone), backed the chicken and hard boiled the eggs. The chicken is nice and peppery, yum. Tomorrow morning I make steel cut oats and apples in Captain Crock. Out of all the Beachbody workouts, the recipes in this meal plan seem to be the easiest to make.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    great job!

i am in my 4th week of T25, but i am repeating week 3 over again because last week wasn't such a stellar week. it's amazing how much better you get at each work out every time you do it!
    speed 1.0, lower focus, and ab intervals are my faves.

i haven't weighed in in several weeks and haven't taken measurements in over two, but i feel great and i am super impressed with myself during these work outs! it really is a fabulous program!
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    Focus T25 Report Day 6 Cardio - I can see the improvements in my performance already. I have a little more endurance during the workouts so I can put in more effort. I burned 473 calories over 29 minutes! That is my best burn yet.

Now on to the statistics ... I'm down 5.4 lbs since Monday! Now I know a lot of this is water weight and the weight loss will slow down, but I had always plateau'd at 215 for about the last 6 months and this morning it was 213.4 lbs. I've only lost an inch, but I also didn't take my measurements until midweek.

Tomorrow is stretch day, and I'm looking forward to a little bit of stretch after the entire week.
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    Week two starts today everyone. It's time for a little Alpha Cardio. I burned 459 calories over the 29 minutes. Diet is still going strong, sticking to it even though I want to eat my weight in cookies. :). It will be a few more days for that switch in my head to click in so the diet will become easier.
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

I started Beta phase this morning. It's obvious that Alpha really does give you the needed base for Beta, so go hard every day! It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be though; actually kinda fun and challenging with new moves.

Go hard!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    the changes seen in my facebook challenge group are amazing! i mean, 25 min, 5 days a week, for 5 weeks. some of the women have lost 3-6 INCHES in their chest and 3+ inches in their waist and hips! some of the men have lost a LOT of weight for such a short amount of time.

so amazing and so inspirational!
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's Day 9 of all this craziness and time for a little Total Body Workout. I burned 467 calories over the 29 minutes. In my opinion, this is the hardest workout. I needed a little help during and thank goodness Tania was on the screen with the modifications.

Some good news, I'm waking up more refreshed than I have felt in months and I'm not as tired during the day. I didn't even have a 5 hour energy in the afternoon. I think the body purge of the garbage I've eaten is nearly complete.

Also, my wife completed day 2 today and I'm so very proud of her!
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Great job! Yep, T25 will definitely give you energy throughout the day. That was one of my motivators too, as pre-T25 I was drinking way too many energy drinks to get me through the day.

I did Speed 2.0 (Beta) this morning and let me tell you, it was AWESOME! Don't be too intimidated by Beta on the horizon. The moves aren't *that* much more challenging, just quicker and in faster progressions. Honestly, I think it helps the time go faster...

Sweated more than ever today. Great burn.
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    Today was Day 10 Speed 1,0 and I burned 437 calories today. Interesting test today as I will be on the road today and tomorrow. At least there is a Chipotle on the way so I'll get some good protein and black beans.
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    Bumping this. I was just thinking of ordering Insanity but I really think this may be a better choice for now, especially due to the time factor.
    Good luck - love hearing about everyone's progress.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Today was my first session of total body burn and I am beat up. I thought that I was in fairly decent shape - um, nope! I hope that I have the energy to get through the rest of my day!
  • IZackV13
    Options
    Bumping this. I was just thinking of ordering Insanity but I really think this may be a better choice for now, especially due to the time factor.
    Good luck - love hearing about everyone's progress.

The time commitment is why I am LOVING T25. When I did Insanity (I'm a graduate), I never missed a day but generally loathed the workouts because they could sometime stretch out to 1.5 hrs when all was said and done.

With T25, I still am accomplishing a great burn AND I don't feel zonked the rest of the day. With other demands on my time, getting it pumped out in 25 minutes is AWESOME.
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    The reason why I like T25 over Insanity (and I'm a graduate as well) is the time. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I burn insulin more efficiently in the evening in the morning, so when I worked out at night I needed to go into the workout with a really high blood sugar. The problem is that even if you burn that sugar off over an hour it isn't too healthy and then you can still crash at the end. Now I can start a workout normal and end normal because my body doesn't burn the insulin so well. The problem always has been the time factor in the morning. I'm really digging this workout.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Way to work ppl! Congrats to everybody pushing play!

I'm on Week 4, Day 2 (skipped Monday) of the Alpha series. I love it so far. I think its a hard hitting workout to say it's only 25 minutes long. I did Total Body Circuit this morning and couldn't keep up! I'm not gonna say I "Nailed It" but I didn't "Barely Make It" either! LOL. I'm looking forward to the next 11 weeks (going straight into Gamma after Beta). I should be fine as wine by Halloween! LOL
  • tsimehc2000
    Options
    Hey again, yep I'm still pushing play! I did real we'll eating until dinner. Was going to go out for dinner by myself and then I ran into a colleague in the lobby. We talked and he said he was going to the Bob Evans next to the hotel. So I thought at least I could get and egg white veg omelet there so I was going to go there. The the CEO stops by and takes everyone to Texas Roadhouse. Well it wasn't too bad. I've ended up there before and I usually get a half rack of ribs no sauce and two veggies along with a small adult beverage (I'm in PA so it has to be Yeungling). I didn't eat the veggies because one was drowning in butter and the other was sitting on a steam table for about a week, so my calories were over the calories T25 says, I was still under my calories plus exercise calories. I feel okay about it.

Back onto the workouts this morning. Today was day 11 and it was time for Cardio again. I'm starting to build my base because I burned 491 calories in 29 minutes!
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm on track to do Alpha Day 4 (Ab Intervals) today. Days 1 and 2....challenging, but I could hang. Yesterday...day 3 (Total Body Circuit) kicked my booty! We shall see what today brings. I'm loving it though! :) Good luck to you all!