Almond or Peanut

Options
I :heart: Peanut Butter
Yesterday, I bought some Almond Butter - scared to try it.

What do you like?
Peanut or Almond?

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Both. Seriously.

I have maple almond butter and Jiff whipped chocolate peanut butter in my fridge right now along with a couple different types of peanut butter in my pantry.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I really like Honey Peanut Butter...but OH GEEZE lol. I am thinking of picking up some Nutella
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Also both. As far as nutrition goes, they are pretty similar with a slight nod to almond butter because of better fats (OTOH, there is more total fat). I like them for different things. Almond butter I like on bread and crackers, but I prefer peanut butter with bananas or apples.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is lovely - dont be scared!

Nutella is vile, imo, far too sweet and sticky. And very little nutritionally to justify it.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    Almond butter is lovely - dont be scared!

Nutella is vile, imo, far too sweet and sticky. And very little nutritionally to justify it.

I was thinking Nutella on strawberries. I have had it before lol
  • bekindi
    bekindi Posts: 8
    Options
    I love both but seriously the Justin's vanilla almond butter and maranatha maple almond butter are both amazing and way too addictive.
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my natural peanut butter, ,haven't really tried much in the way of almond ,but maybe shall give it a try.I need change !
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Almond is better than Peanut :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    Skippy was the only thing I would use...so this will be an interesting challenge for me
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also both. As far as nutrition goes, they are pretty similar with a slight nod to almond butter because of better fats (OTOH, there is more total fat). I like them for different things. Almond butter I like on bread and crackers, but I prefer peanut butter with bananas or apples.

Have you tried peanut butter on toast with apples on top? I prefer the green apples and it's so delicious as a pre-work out snack!!

:D
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I like almonds more than peanuts, but almond butter is so expensive I just can't bring myself to buy it. I am going to try to get a food processor for Christmas and then I'll start making my own nut butters.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I like almonds more than peanuts, but almond butter is so expensive I just can't bring myself to buy it. I am going to try to get a food processor for Christmas and then I'll start making my own nut butters.

This is what I do. As for me, here's what I like the most:

1. Macadamia/Walnut butter (50/50 mix).
    2. Almond Butter (100%, roasted)
    3. Walnut Butter (raw)
    4. Peanut Butter (roasted)

Those are the ones I've made. I want to try a 100% macadamia, which I'm sure will feel like god himself sent it down from the heavens.
  • rtjenny
    rtjenny Posts: 51
    Options
    I also just discovered almond butter - much tastier than peanut butter - nothing added in this almond butter! It's just lovely.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Both. Seriously.

I have maple almond butter and Jiff whipped chocolate peanut butter in my fridge right now along with a couple different types of peanut butter in my pantry.

I would not be able to live in your house haha, PB is dangerous lol
    I prefer PB to AB but it could've been the brand I bought of AB

OP, aren't you not supposed to have sugar?
    Unless you're buying the natural nut butters where the ingredient list is just "nuts", most companies add sugar to their nut butters...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared to try almond butter. It's good, though I prefer peanut butter personally. I like almonds in almond form.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    ^^ I want the dark chocolate dreams in my face NOW
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    OP im a peanut butter fan , Nothing is as good as Peanut Butter just saying :wink:
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    OP im a peanut butter fan , Nothing is as good as Peanut Butter just saying :wink:

You ever have Macadmia Nut butter? You'll forget peanut butter even existed.

I might make a mix of Macadamia and Peanut, and try that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Go here:
    Ilovepeanutbutter.com

For this:
    DSC_0098.jpg

Oh yea!!!!
    A lot of grocery stores (including Walmart) carry that for far less money than the website.