Have 200 cals left over, what to do?

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I would have a PopTart but I have an addiction
  • changemymind
    Options
    I'd probably leave it but if you want something maybe you could have something from here:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1792
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg and some cheese? Nuts? Greek yogurt? Banana or apple and peanut butter?

-those are my main go-to snacks.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I would have a PopTart but I have an addiction
    ^ second this!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'd probably leave it but if you want something maybe you could have something from here:

155 cals for two large eggs? There's over 100 in one, so not sure how that works. 170 for "1 slice homemade banana bread"? Using what recipe? How thick is the slice? Pretty sure the vast majority of those are just a number pulled out of someone's imagination.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Oreos.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Nut butter on oatcakes is my go to snack! I think I could live off them...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a few Wheat Thins and a Cadbury egg. =D But I'm a junkaholic. Maybe a piece of fruit and cheese or nuts?
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If you arent hungry, leave it out.:

Sugar free Jello pudding
    Jif chocolate peanut butter (whips) - 1 tablespoon and wheat saltine crackers 5:60 cal.
    Chips, cookies, chex mix ( read serving size)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    What are your current macro shortages? That will dictate it. If I had 200 left then I'd throw 25g of whey and 25g of instant oats into a shaker bottle of water. 196kcal, 21g carbs, 4g fat, 22g protein, and it's filling.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd just be 200 under for the day if I wasn't hungry.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of nutella..YUMMMMM !!! and its low in sodium too :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :wink:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options

155 cals for two large eggs? There's over 100 in one, so not sure how that works. 170 for "1 slice homemade banana bread"? Using what recipe? How thick is the slice? Pretty sure the vast majority of those are just a number pulled out of someone's imagination.

the eggs i get, the large are like 70 cals each..2 would make it 140
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What are your current macro shortages? That will dictate it. If I had 200 left then I'd throw 25g of whey and 25g of instant oats into a shaker bottle of water. 196kcal, 21g carbs, 4g fat, 22g protein, and it's filling.
    this sounds great, using your macros to decide is great advice...or my favorite is cottage cheese with some fresh fruit~wont get you all the way to 200 but its a great bedtime snack
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I agree with whatever macro you are shorting. Short on carbs- forget about it, or eat more protein! Short on protein or fats, I like to have some greek yogurt, peanut butter, string cheese, or pistachios.
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    5 x ryvita crackerbread [not the cardboard stuff] with philadelphia light or tzatiki
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I agree with whatever macro you are shorting. Short on carbs- forget about it, or eat more protein! Short on protein or fats, I like to have some greek yogurt, peanut butter, string cheese, or pistachios.

I agree with eating something to meet your macros. Usually if I have that many calories left over then I'm under my protein and/or fat, so I'd eat some Greek yogurt with fruit, Quest protein bar (white chocolate raspberry is completely amazing!) or my latest addiction is Blue Diamond strawberry (or blueberry) oven roasted almonds (160 calories for 1oz).
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I went for a greek yoghurt with a spoon of jam, delicious fat free goodness with a little sugar hit.