Surprisingly good sweet tooth snacks

Options
jerryvo
jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
As I drove by the ice cream shop this weekend I was lamenting the fact that it is now off limits :sad: but when I was grocery shopping I found that fudgesicles are only 40 calories and taste damn good. What other great snacks are out there that I don't know / forgot about? And don't give me stuff like fruit or nuts, yes I eat them and would say they are good, but I am talking about real good sweet tooth snacks that remind you of being bad even when you aren't.

Replies

• heathjohnson74
    Options
    Sugar-free Popsicles, the cherry, orange, and grape ones. They are 15 calories per pop. I can eat four in one sitting and I feel like I had just robbed a bank!
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    for me it is the 100 cal pack of chocolate covered pretzels... they hit the spot when i am craving something sweet !!! i keep a pack on me when i go out so i am not tempted by candy... forgot them when i went to the movies this weekend and paid for it lol...
  • Jessicalg1981
    Jessicalg1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on Pinterest for banana "ice cream" that is really good. Sadly you can't eat too much because bananas are pretty high in calorie but if you peel a banana, slice it up and freeze it you can then put it in the food processor with a little bit of cocoa powder and some splenda and it ends up the same consistency as soft serve ice cream and it tastes amazing! One banana makes a small portion.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    16 sour patch kids for 150 calories :smile:
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate covered almonds
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love reddi-whip canned whip cream, i dip my strawberries in it....yummo.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Mini Cones - chocolate! These have 140 calories .... chocolate cone, chocolate ice cream, and chocolate coating. MMmmm... great when I want ice cream.
  • S0NICwater
    Options
    If your willing to put some effort in you can make Vanilla, ameretti and raspberry ice cream from cook yourself thin on channel 4. It's 167 calories for a good size portion (a quarter of the recipe). It is sooo good, it's just like real ice cream but with much less calories and fat.

http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show/cook-yourself-thin-recipes/vanilla-ameretti-and-raspberry-ice-cream-recipe

(The instructions don't mention when to put in all the ingredients but the show says you need to add the Greek yoghurt in at the same time as the crème fraiche and the raspberries and ameretti biscuits go in just before step 6.)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned this before but it's worth repeating:
    Slice a banana lengthwise and then each slice in half.
    Spread 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter on all slices.
    Melt 2 squares dark chocolate and pour over banana.
    Savor the chocolate creamy deliciousness.
    Very satisfying.
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i know you said no fruits, but seriously dried dates and figs are like candy for me. dates, in particular, are so rich and sticky and sweet i feel downright decadent when i eat them.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt. My favorite place has a Ghiradelli chocolate flavor that is so rich tasting that you'd never believe its not horrible for you.
  • smm773
    smm773 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i make sugar free fat free instant cheesecake pudding with 1% milk and add some PB2 . ..tastes just like peanut butter cheesecake . . .
  • vixenveggie
    Options
    Dried mango (literally tastes like sweeties), strawberries with splenda, Mini Milks, ice lollies and 10 cal jelly! :D
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A couple of tablespoons of marshmallow fluff do it for me. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know!
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I dip strawberries in Nutella---I think they taste just like chocolate covered strawberries :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Good dark chocolate, it can just take a little to curb that craving. Also Blue Bell's 100% fruit bars are delicious. And this ginger gummy candy, I can't remember who makes it, but you have to be a fan of ginger.
    Edit* coconut butter too, little dab will do you, and I mean the coconut butter that's like peanut butter, not like margarine/butter.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Frozen light whipped topping spread on a graham cracker fixes me.
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Also Blue Bell's 100% fruit bars are delicious.

OMG have you tried the coconut dipped bars??? i almost had to kill a coworker over one.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    As I drove by the ice cream shop this weekend I was lamenting the fact that it is now off limits :sad: but when I was grocery shopping I found that fudgesicles are only 40 calories and taste damn good. What other great snacks are out there that I don't know / forgot about? And don't give me stuff like fruit or nuts, yes I eat them and would say they are good, but I am talking about real good sweet tooth snacks that remind you of being bad even when you aren't.

70% dark chocolate melted and mixed with greek yogurt. Delicious.