What do you do after a bad day?

Options
I have no idea why I had a bad day but I did. I think normally I am so busy I don't have time to worry about food but again today I was home with 2 sick kids and food is my bordem filler.

I probably went over like 600 calories :( I know I logged -300 and that isn't all that I had. I can't remember how much of some stuff so I never added it in.

What can I do tomorrow to help fix todays blunder? I just worked off about 200 on my wii and I am still over -300!! I plan to drink more water for sure but what do you do after a day like today?

Replies

• ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    there is nothing you can do, just accept it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I went over 600 today too! I think as long as you don't have many days like this, you'll be fine! You have to live, too! I am just going to eat super healthy tom and get in some exercise. One bad day isn't going to hurt you. Now, 7 bad days in a row, you might gain some weight back. Technically, you just went over 100 from maintaining today, so you'll be fine!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Make a plan - for exercise and menu and stick to it. Wake up in the morning with a new resolve. A great boredom filler is that Wii you have! Work it - instead of eating. And, yes, drink LOTS (within reason) of water! Good luck!
  • dbrace
    Options
    Just move on and try to learn from your mistakes. I guarantee that everyone has a bad day here and there the key is to have as few bad days as possible. Do not get discouraged! The worst thing you can do is quit. This is a slow and steady lifestyle change so pick yourself up and try again. You are doing GREAT!!!!
  • Neona
    Neona Posts: 28
    Options
    Sometimes you must stumble to avoid a fall.

Don't beat yourself up. Just start again tomorrow like you have a blank slate! ^_^
  • Canonoch
    Options
    After a bad day. Let see I mentally and verbally kick my self in the *kitten* and get back on track. It happened it will happen again (at least for me and before I started MFP) It gets stressed at time and you don't always seem to have the control to do it right. So the next day is another start:wink:
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Bad days happen. They are a fact of life. I know. I've had a few of them myself.

All you can do is work on getting back on track the next day and not beat yourself up over it.
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up & quit after one bad day. Just like others have said, tomorrow is a new day! I have really been trying to get this through my head too! I used to just throw in the towel if I messed up. I'm trying to not be such a perfectionist and realize there are going to be not-so-good days, but just shake it off, hit the gym tomorrow, and get back on track!

You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • peneloperae21
    Options
    Thank you for these posts, they are really supportive. I too had a REALLY bad day. I went about 600 over. Went to a kids bday party and the cake was way too tempting to pass up. I'm just going to plan on eating really healthy tomorrow and add in some extra time at the gym tomorrow to make up. :)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    When I have an Over Day, I make it a point not to try to compensate the next day. If I start doing that, I know I will find myself in danger of over-eating then not eating. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I realize that I am human and make mistakes. As long as a bad day doesnt turn into a bad week or month I feel ok. Sometimes a bad day makes me more aware of what I need to continue to work on.
  • kriegs86
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Life happens and that's okay. You're still on the right track. It makes me feel better to work out 20 extra minutes a day until I have taken care of the extra calories. I went over my calorie limit on my birthday this week but I've made up for it at the gym the last three days. It helps me at least. Good luck! :-)
  • nursmem
    nursmem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's post. I had a bad day on Saturday, too. Went to a football game and totally blew it. It's so disappointing, when you have been doing so well. All is not lost...today is a new day.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself up over it. No one is perfect and you can just start over xxx