DietBet Success

Options
mjga2043
mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
Hi Everyone...I am still looking to lose another 5-6 lbs from where I am now, but when I came back from vacation about a month ago I knew I needed some extra motivation. I wasn't at my heaviest, but those vacation pics were brutal. Well, I decided to start a DietBet based on a recommendation from here. I was certain I could not lose over 5 lbs in the month which was my goal, but sure enough I did and I was actually under my goal. It was such an amazing motivator for me - apparently motivation is about money for me :).

Anyway, I went from 137.1 to 131 during the bet. I plan to start another one at the beginning of next week since I am heading back to work (teacher) and will need motivation to continue my eating and exercise during the transition. My goal is 125 since it will put me at a normal BMI for my height. From there I will evaluate again.

Just wanted to sing the praises of DietBet, and if anyone has a bet starting early next week let me know!

Replies

• sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job! Can you give me a little background of how it works?! For example, did you bet that you wouldn't lose 5lbs in a month or that you would? Do you have to put down a lot of money and is there a requirement to track anything (food, exercise, weight loss)? I am interested in joining, but as I have hit a plateau, I don't want to lose any money.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job! Can you give me a little background of how it works?! For example, did you bet that you wouldn't lose 5lbs in a month or that you would? Do you have to put down a lot of money and is there a requirement to track anything (food, exercise, weight loss)? I am interested in joining, but as I have hit a plateau, I don't want to lose any money.

Yes, I would like more info as well! How much money do you have to put down to start?
  • mjga2043
    mjga2043 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You go to the website www.dietbet.com. There are all sorts of bets in terms of prices and when they start. Some bets are $10 and some are $100+. You can start your own and invite people if you want as well.

I placed a $25 bet 4 weeks ago. The goal was to lose 4% of my weight. The total pot is almost $8K. Whoever makes their goal and submits the photo proof will split the pot. Now I am just waiting to hear my split. I will probably put it towards another bet a week from now.

It really is very motivating to keep me going. I didn't think there was any way I could lose that amount in this time frame but I did.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!