Do you have a cheat day?

Options
Hey guys!

So, I followed my 1200 calorie limit all week perfectly, even under in some cases after working out (but still eating back some of the ones I worked off). But this Saturday was my cheat day. I don't mean cheat day by eating everything in sight, but mainly going out to dinner and not being crazy restrictive like the rest of the week. I did this weekend, and I kind of feel like I ruined my whole prior week, but I'm hoping I can undo the damage this week. LoL. I'm sure I can as I will still be as restrictive as I was last week, and then be attending crossfit 4x this week.

My question is, do you guys allow yourself a cheat day? And what do you consider cheating?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    No, I do not have cheat days. I choose not to restrict myself so much to feel the need for one. If it fits into my day, I eat it.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Not really. I do try to go over maintenance at least one day a week when I'm losing weight though.
  • Drej3735
    Drej3735 Posts: 12
    Options
    No cheat days for myself..if the numbers fit into my day then I eat..if not..I pass!
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I cheat at least a few times a week. I consider it cheating when i don't pay attention to my portions or when i eat something that I do not know the calorie count of. I also consider drinking soda or any drinks with calories cheating regardless of if it fits into my daily calorie count. If I eat a a small dessert and log it and don't go over my daily calorie goal I do not consider that cheating, but if I skip a meal and eat a huge dessert instead then I feel like a cheater even if I stayed under my calorie goal.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Definitely am not super strict with foods and at least one day is a cheat day where I don't even log it all
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Saturday evenings my BF and I go out for dinner. Like you just said - we don't go crazy eating everything we can - we just allow ourself that one meal you otherwise wouldn't eat....maybe a small portion of pasta or a piece of garlic bread...just that little treat for yourself.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've tried having a cheat meal instead of a cheat day. I saved up room for a donut but because I have been eating healthy for a while now, the donut was too sweet and gross. That's pretty much how I am with all junk food and because of this I re-create my favourite foods by making them healthy. An example would be cheese cake and brownies, I love them so instead I make protein cheesecake and bean brownies. They are both delicious and satisfying.
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If this is the first time you are losing weight, then yes, I think it is essential to have some kind of way to reward yourself for eating well and living well. Healthy living is a process that takes time, and allotting a "cheat day" into your routine is a good thing. It's the same as having a normal work week and reserving some time on the weekends for play. It is unhealthy to try to shock your body into a completely new routine. The no-sweets, no-treats rule is ridiculous and will only harm you.
    I suggest that you maintain a healthy schedule, have 1-2 days off of working out and treat yourself to a (small) portion of your favorite food. It might help to ensure that the day you "cheat" diet-wise, you also workout. So, you'll burn at least some of the calories/sugar/fat that you consume.
    Portion control is what you should aim to learn. That means, you can eat whatever you wish, as long as you eat the right amount.

Good luck!
  • VinnyI82
    VinnyI82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

So, I followed my 1200 calorie limit all week perfectly, even under in some cases after working out (but still eating back some of the ones I worked off). But this Saturday was my cheat day. I don't mean cheat day by eating everything in sight, but mainly going out to dinner and not being crazy restrictive like the rest of the week. I did this weekend, and I kind of feel like I ruined my whole prior week, but I'm hoping I can undo the damage this week. LoL. I'm sure I can as I will still be as restrictive as I was last week, and then be attending crossfit 4x this week.

My question is, do you guys allow yourself a cheat day? And what do you consider cheating?

Once a week, usually every Saturday or Sunday, whichever I feel like. I eat what ever I want, but its within my caloric range. I tried going 2-3 weeks at a time and I just burnt out.
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    Cheat days are only cheating yourself. This site is not a diet so what you are cheating on is good food and excercise. This program is to show you and teach yourself good habits so you can continue on after your weight loss. Isn't it cheat days that got us all in this mess. When you are done then what are you going to cheat on.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Nope, no point. I eat what i want given my macros for the day.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have cheat "moments" -- a bite of chocolate or two. Keeping your health in check is about moderation. If you don't let yourself let go every once in a while (in small doses), then your body will crave the food super hard; and you may crash and go ballistic.

I suggest little moments every once a week -- every few days or so. Nothing big...but something to make you a little happy.
  • nitnoo
    nitnoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on low carb.. and one day out of the month I run to the grocery store and buy a frozen chocolate cheesecake. It's soooo satisfying and I don't allow myself to feel bad about it. I've never had a problem going right back to my diet the next day.

I like cheat days.. gives you something to look forward to.